What mammals make good companions/pets? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
piebald320
What mammals make good companions/pets?

I already love dogs and cats of course. I also love rats. But what I'm wondering is what other mammals out there make great companions? I have always wanted a raccoon because they are adorable and I have just always loved them. When I was lookig into them though I saw that they have some problems. I also saw that there are alot more mammals that could be good pets. So basically I'm asking what are your favorite mammals as pets? Exotics or unusual ones are more than welcome!

Old 06-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
hadenglock
Prairie dogs are pretty good companion pets from what ive seen, look into them. My friend had one that would cuddle up with him in bed and greet him at the door.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Untaimed
I had a Skunk who was a great companion, I bought him as a baby (descented already) & had him with me 24/7. He was actually on The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno & was a super sweet guy until he passed away. I've also had a Raccoon, Virginia Opossum, Prairie Dog, Armadillo, Squirrel & Flying Squirrels, all of which had their own pro's & con's. Best bet is to just spend some time reading up on which animals interest you & then determine which would have needs you can provide for & would enjoy. Since each animal is an individual I can't say that since my Skunk was such a great pet that a Skunk you may get would be the same, if that makes any sense..

Old 06-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Lucille
Horses are wonderful pets. The reason I moved back to Texas decades ago is that I want to own my own horses. And, I did. Two beautiful Appaloosas. I loved to ride, it was good, outdoor exercise, and the horses had distinct personalities. Both were friendly and seemed to appreciate the brushing, treats such as apples, etc.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
rcarichter
Rats amaze me in their ability to return affection, and produce no smell. I adored my hairless rat. The worst mammals I've ever owned were African soft-furred rats. They would literally lunge at the cage bars to bite. Luckily, I know many snake owners.

Noelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
mammal, marmoset, monkey, raccoon