Pastel Ball Python Death - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
KevTheDrumma83
Unhappy Pastel Ball Python Death

Not sure what happened. Was young, only about 200-300 grams. Ate recently. Moved around a lot. Strange thing: his eyes got cloudy earlier like he was going to shed. Can that be a sign of something else? His water bowl was empty but i filled it yesterday. Also, I have a 1000 gram male normal and a 900 gram female fire in the same closet so not thinking that it was over heated. Just wondering what could have happened and what to change for the future.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Metachrosis
Without a necropsy you cant do anything but guess
I wouldnt blame yourself,imperfect animals are born and only the strong survive
as the saying goes.
Bummer you lost one,if you stay in the hobby long enough you will likely loose another or two.Its part of the show,stick with reputable breeders that only use well established and "mature" breeders and your odds increase greatly.

Best of Luck!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
KevTheDrumma83
Thanks. I don't think craigslist was the right way to go, because the two snakes i have purchased on there (pastel, fire) both had issues. Fire didn't want to shed and pastel dies out of no where.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
Metachrosis
Hopefully you practiced proper quarantine with new acquisitions
Improper protocols easily and more often then not,wipe out everything.
No Doubt! Craigs List is not advisable for much of anything(IMO)

Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
No Doubt! Craigs List is not advisable for much of anything(IMO)
Often seems that way. You'll find lots of reputable breeders on here if you look around the for sale sections, and maybe suffer fewer losses that way.

If you want more informed options on the reason for the death you'll either need to post more information (photos?) or get the body to a vet. For instance you say the water bowl was empty - do you mean it had dried up or maybe the snake had knocked it over possibly by having convulsions?

If you post more about how you are keeping your snakes - things like the normal temperature range, heat source, humidity, enclosure type - people might be able to make suggestions for improvement.

I don't know of any other condition that causes cloudy eyes, but if you post more details maybe someone more experienced will comment.

You might also post in the "Veterinary Practice and General Health" forum
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=525

Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
Rooster88
Sorry to hear about your loss. Better luck next time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
death, pastel ball python