"Just a Dog" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #1
Cat_72
"Just a Dog"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog", but I did not once, feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "justa dog", and in those days of darkness,the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you,too,think it's "just a dog" then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend", "just a sunrise", or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship,trust,and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early,take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me,it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future. The fond memories of the past,and the pure joy of the moment. "Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man".

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog" just smile, because they "just don't understand".

Versatile Hunting Dog Magazine, Feb. 06

What is most valuable, is not what we have in our lives,
but WHO we have in our lives!
(including "just a dog")

Old 01-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
Lucille
It is sad that some don't understand, not in terms of whether they understand the importance of dogs in our lives, but because they are missing that kind of joy.
It's like going through life never having been in love; one has lived, but one hasn't really LIVED.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 AM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
i feel the same way about my cats. ( while ive had the same moments with dogs too) But my two boys are more joy in my life than i could ever explain to somone... when im upset or having a bad day, theyre there rubbing up against me wanting to be pet. they have the craziest antics and do the wildest stuff and i just cant help but burst out laughing. Our mamillian friends are just as important as our Coldblooded ones ^_- even though theyre the kind that hog the bed at night.... *grumbles*

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!