Bad Guy Beware Evan Stahl from Stahl Reptiles! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #91
Focal
Evan, did it really take you 12 days to respond to the dispute? It seems like if the money being tied up was such an issue, you would have responded to it sooner.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #92
leaveittoweaver
I wish someone would post screencaps of the dispute and try to establish the time line better.

I personally think the seller's only mistake was spending money they didn't really "have". But in my opinion the buyer seems to be a pain in the butt as well. Until more details are revealed, I would not deal with either of them.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #93
CircleCityConstrictors
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I know the situation is frustrating for you, but losing your cool and throwing vulgarity around is about the worse thing you can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post
This has ever been his weakness. Combined with what seems to be just a plain old pigheaded meanness, sometimes not always, and you get even.
I saw this on display pretty clearly at the Midwest Reptile Show on April 7th. A kid that I heard was 13 years old was caught stealing items from vendors at the show and had taken an item from Mr. Stahl's table and had gotten clear to the back of the room before Mr. Stahl caught up with him.

Mr. Stahl grabbed the kid by the collar of his shirt and began to drag him all the way to the front of the venue while throwing F Bombs the entire way at the top of his lungs and ranting about the kid stealing from him. It was so loud that the place (with hundreds of people) went completely silent. I saw parents with small children immediately grab them and exit because of the profanity and Mr. Stahl being physical with the kid. Hopefully these patrons will return in the future.

I understand being upset about being ripped off, but the reaction was way over the top considering it was a kid and because there were kids in the venue. His post reflects what I saw on display that day.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #94
NIGRO51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Drama View Post

I understand being upset about being ripped off, but the reaction was way over the top considering it was a kid and because there were kids in the venue. His post reflects what I saw on display that day.
Considering it was a kid?!?? Stealing is stealing no matter what age and at 13 you should definitely know better. Plus I'm sure the 13 year old didn't drive himself. Not that I defend anyoother actions but I totally understand dragging a theif to justice while venting.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #95
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGRO51 View Post
Considering it was a kid?!?? Stealing is stealing no matter what age and at 13 you should definitely know better. Plus I'm sure the 13 year old didn't drive himself. Not that I defend anyoother actions but I totally understand dragging a theif to justice while venting.
^---- That.

If a kid stole from me at an expo you better believe I'd be dragging his butt somewhere while making a scene so I can embarrass the crap out of them and the entire expo is aware that he is a thief.

I have intercepted kids trying to leave retails stores I've worked at after shop lifting and I've drug them kicking and screaming to the back to contact management and the police while people are telling me to "Take it easy, he is just a kid".

That's a dangerous way of thinking.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #96
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
I saw this on display pretty clearly at the Midwest Reptile Show on April 7th. A kid that I heard was 13 years old was caught stealing items from vendors at the show and had taken an item from Mr. Stahl's table and had gotten clear to the back of the room before Mr. Stahl caught up with him.

Mr. Stahl grabbed the kid by the collar of his shirt and began to drag him all the way to the front of the venue while throwing F Bombs the entire way at the top of his lungs and ranting about the kid stealing from him. It was so loud that the place (with hundreds of people) went completely silent. I saw parents with small children immediately grab them and exit because of the profanity and Mr. Stahl being physical with the kid. Hopefully these patrons will return in the future.

I would of done the same thing, And only way id let him go without getting him in trouble with the law on charges, was make his ass pay for what he stole. Otherwise kid be dealing with probation!

Old 04-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #97
tsthompson
Has this been resolved yet?

Old 04-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #98
CircleCityConstrictors
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
I would of done the same thing, And only way id let him go without getting him in trouble with the law on charges, was make his ass pay for what he stole. Otherwise kid be dealing with probation!
I think people are missing the point. I'm not debating the merits of what happened, or if the kid deserved it or not, just that Mr. Stahl's lack of control in person seemed to match his posts here.

I am also not exaggerating that paying customers were leaving with kids in tow because of the incident. There were other vendors there that had items stolen by this kid that didn't throw the F Bombs at the top of their lungs while dragging a kid past even younger kids. In fact other vendors had to ask repeatedly for Mr. Stahl to let go of the kids collar, because of the fact that he was surrounded by numerous people and he wasn't going anywhere (although he actually did try to run at one point and was attacked buy a small mob and choked and actually punched in the face by one of them). I overheard many non-vendors complaining about how over-the-top the reaction was. Of course, some of the vendors I overheard (as I am hearing here) thought there was nothing wrong. I guess it is just a perspective thing.

And yes I have been the victim of theft before and the total was much higher than the items here, so I know how it feels. Also, the cops were called and the kid was hand cuffed and taken away. So he got exactly what he deserved in that respect.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #99
evansnakes
Get facts before you convict!

The kid at the Indy show stealing was 16 years old. I never touched his body in any way because I know the law and could obviously tell he was a minor. I picked him up by the collar of his jacket. I never got "physical" in any way with him other than that. I made a scene purposely to silence the crowd because he was with three other kids, that ran out as soon as I caught him. Sure enough, we recovered from his person property that he stole from 8 vendors at the show! When the police took him into custody he not only was revealed to have had multiple arrests for theft and shoplifting but he also voluntarliy confessed to the police to try to avoid going to jail, that he comes to the show every time and steals from dealers every time. He has stolen, by his own admission, several hundred dollars worth of product from dozens of dealers at the show.

I understand the criticism, but when you vend at the shows and get animals that you put your time, love and money into just to have people steal them it is very personal and very upsetting and I dont give a rats arse how young or old they are!!! It is not my job to have to teach YOUR children right from wrong!!! I was pissed, you are darn right I was pissed and if the show promoter and the stupid parents of these stupid kids are not willing to keep them from stealing from me, you had bet your arse THAT I WILL. You better believe that because of that scene I made hundreds of people who vend at the shows will not be stolen from.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:24 AM   #100
evansnakes
Quote:
In fact other vendors had to ask repeatedly for Mr. Stahl to let go of the kids collar, because of the fact that he was surrounded by numerous people and he wasn't going anywhere (although he actually did try to run at one point and was attacked buy a small mob and choked and actually punched in the face by one of them). I overheard many non-vendors complaining about how over-the-top the reaction was. Of course, some of the vendors I overheard (as I am hearing here) thought there was nothing wrong. I guess it is just a perspective thing.
Big time BS! When I brought the kid up front not one person said one negative thing to me, in fact over a dozen vendors and the police all thanked me repeatedly. It was a group of vendors that grabbed the kid and started beating him, I just stood by the door waiting for the police. I did nothing to him. THE ONLY person that had anything negative to say to me at all was Brian Hahn, the show promoter. And while I understand that he was not happy with the scene I made, I WAS NOT HAPPY THAT HE ALLOWED PEOPLE TO STEAL FROM ME AT THE LAST THREE SHOWS IN A ROW THERE! And in fact when I caught a thief at a show there several months ago he made me release him and wanted it kept quiet. He was an adult. I will not allow people to steal from me. Brian is a good friend of mine, a great guy and I have been doing his show for 19 years. BUT, If he will not prevent people from stealing my animals, you better believe that I WILL. And if you want to know what happened next time ask. And when people steal you blind at the next show you do, do not come to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!