Bad Guy Beware Evan Stahl from Stahl Reptiles! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #11
Smenger
He gave me a projected shipping date once which was not followed through with due to weather. Every time asked about shipping I was told the weather wasn't good enough when I know there was several days that's we're ok to ship. Every time it was clear to ship and I would email I wouldn't get a response till several days later.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
evansnakes
This is a very simple transaction. She also lied several time sin her initial post to try to bolster her case so I will clear up the facts here and now concerning this sale.

1) she put a deposit down ($100) on two ball pythons, I told her that I required a 25% deposit and she did not respond to me for several days. She then told me that she would pay the balance in the next couple weeks when she had the money.

2) once she paid, she demanded that I ship immediately. I told her, as I do any one that asks that I ship when it is safe to dao so for the animals. It was very cold here at night, as it usually is during the winter in Michigan. She wanted me to ship regardless of weather even after I told her that I would not kill my snakes to make somebody happy and that I was sorry that it was an issue and that as soon as the weather would allow me to I would ship. It had nothing to do with me, money or anything else. It is that simple.

3) she then contacted me and demanded a refund, WITHOUT mentioning to me at any point in any way that she had filed claims with paypal on both payments and in fact the monies for both transactions were taken from my account by paypal and put on hold pending their investigation. I informed the customer that I did not have a policy that allowed for refunds due to cold feet and that I would be happy to ship her animals, weather permitting, if I was paid for them, since now we are back to me having not one cent for the snakes.

4) I reposted the animals for sale and told her that as soon as they were paid in full again I would refund her monies because as paypal forces me to do 100% refund all at once, not in pieces. At this time I have full payment for one snake but not the other. So as I emailed her, which she could have been honest and mentioned, I will refund her 100% of her money once they are paid for in full.

5)she filed three claims with paypal and all three were denied after they took statements from both of us. Hmmmm, what does that tell you???

6) there is no reason for this thread. This customer at no point had any concern for the well being of the animals. All she cared about was instant gratification. That is everything that there is, I have full email proof of everything that I have said but there is no reason to have to post it all here. She could just tell the truth.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
evansnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadharper View Post
Is the same guy selling higher end BP morphs on KS?
Yes it is, and yes it is also me who is a top rated trader on this site despite having not sold on this site for years, with 100% ratings and repeat customers! And yes it is me with a couple hundred positive posts about me on this site over the last 10-12 years.

And even though Rich has never done business with me and does not know anything about me he always has to jump at chances to attack m

Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #14
evansnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smenger View Post
He gave me a projected shipping date once which was not followed through with due to weather. Every time asked about shipping I was told the weather wasn't good enough when I know there was several days that's we're ok to ship. Every time it was clear to ship and I would email I wouldn't get a response till several days later.
There was a lull in the weather to some parts of the country and I shipped out a bunch of stuff that worked within the guidelines I have to follow to be allowed to ship. I was absolutely devasted when one of ball pythons that I made and really really liked died in transit during this period. That is why I went right back to insisting on night time temps here and there being above freezing, which had not happened again until just recently. If she had not pulled my monies through paypal I would have shipped her snakes to her a couple weeks ago.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #15
montini
He is a rude arrogant a@@##@#

Joe

Old 04-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #16
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes View Post
3) she then contacted me and demanded a refund, WITHOUT mentioning to me at any point in any way that she had filed claims with paypal on both payments and in fact the monies for both transactions were taken from my account by paypal and put on hold pending their investigation. I informed the customer that I did not have a policy that allowed for refunds due to cold feet and that I would be happy to ship her animals, weather permitting, if I was paid for them, since now we are back to me having not one cent for the snakes.

4) I reposted the animals for sale and told her that as soon as they were paid in full again I would refund her monies because as paypal forces me to do 100% refund all at once, not in pieces. At this time I have full payment for one snake but not the other. So as I emailed her, which she could have been honest and mentioned, I will refund her 100% of her money once they are paid for in full.

5)she filed three claims with paypal and all three were denied after they took statements from both of us. Hmmmm, what does that tell you???
5) tells me nothing more than that PP seems to be completely abandoning any idea of buyer protection for animal sales.

I'm a little hazy on these areas. Since you won the PP claims, the money that she sent you would have been returned to you, yes? Which means - if I'm reading it correctly - that you should have all of her money, plus the payment for one of "her" snakes that you re-listed and subsequently re-sold, correct? What's the point in making her wait for her refund? As it stands, it'd appear that you have her money and she has nothing to show for it. By re-listing the snakes, you'd effectively cancelled the transaction, at which point you don't really have any right to hold her money hostage in lieu of some arbitrary event over which she has no control.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #17
evansnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by montini View Post
He is a rude arrogant a@@##@#

Joe
If you dealt with the ridiculous bs that I have you would be in my kind of mood. I guess its ok for you to violate the tos and take shots at me though since you have not been dealing with it, you just get to sit back and pass judgement.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #18
chuckwalla
I can vouch for Evan on the weather....

I have paid for several monitors in Feb from different parts of the country(GA and TX) and could not have them shipped until this past week due to the unusually bad weather we have had here in MI. I would not have shipped either. I do not know Evan and have never done business with him. I am just vouching on the weather story.
Tom Greb.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
evansnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
5) tells me nothing more than that PP seems to be completely abandoning any idea of buyer protection for animal sales.

I'm a little hazy on these areas. Since you won the PP claims, the money that she sent you would have been returned to you, yes? Which means - if I'm reading it correctly - that you should have all of her money, plus the payment for one of "her" snakes that you re-listed and subsequently re-sold, correct? What's the point in making her wait for her refund? As it stands, it'd appear that you have her money and she has nothing to show for it. By re-listing the snakes, you'd effectively cancelled the transaction, at which point you don't really have any right to hold her money hostage in lieu of some arbitrary event over which she has no control.
Unfortunately, as Rich posted is as paypal advised me, to cover the sale since I have no way of knowing if she filed with her bank or credit card and then the monies would be pulled again regardless of what I do with paypal. It is also complciated by the fact that there are multiple funding sources and two people involved. At the time the money was reversed I had already offered a refund, she did not tell me she was going to paypal.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #20
Smenger
You NEVER offered a refund when I requested I be refunded you said no cant you wait, which I responded I have no choice to let me know.

Response From Evan: wow, it is getting warmer this weekend BECAUSE IT IS MARCH NOW, like I said, so it WILL get warmer, winter is ending. There are a ton of people who will not ship at all until temps are in the 40's or better

-----Original Message-----
To: evansnakes <evansnakes@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 5, 2013 1:37 pm
Subject: Re: Message about: Super Bright & Clean Killer Bee Female from s_a_wolff@yahoo.com

I guess I don't have a choice but to wait since you said you wont do a refund. Warm weather over the weekend doesn't help when you only ship mon-wed. I've got local friends who have been receiving animals from all over the past month. I gues let me know when they'll go out

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 5, 2013, at 12:27 PM, evansnakes@aol.com wrote:

no, this is life with live animals. you really cant wait a few days? it is march, it is getting warmer this weekend. I told you this was an issue prior to your purchase

-----Original Message-----
To: evansnakes <evansnakes@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 5, 2013 1:23 pm
Subject: Re: Message about: Super Bright & Clean Killer Bee Female from s_a_wolff@yahoo.com

Is there a way to just get a refund and let you resell the animals? This is taking longer than any other time I've ever had any other animals shipped, I understand the weathers bad still so it's just easier for us to get a refund and not have to worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!