Raptors Being Sold as Pets - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #11
Kurohyo
Our community is a small one. I'm not looking to fight or make a big fuss, I just want to reach out to this community to try and see if anyone feels the same way I do about this and if there would be an opportunity to try and convince sellers to not promote these animals as pets. I'm not trying to create the "feel good" thing, I just believe that every little bit helps. If you disagree so be it, but spreading awareness of the issue is the first step to correcting it. And of course I posted to their ad, Eurasian owls are some of the largest owls in the world and can be very dangerous if mishandled. They are in NO way pets. Also, why is posting my current opinion on some one's post such a bad thing? Were you not previously standing up for freedom to post?

Old 07-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #12
Shadera
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=249378

Technically, posting replies in classifieds is for paid members only, to stop that sort of behavior. It's a nicer place now because of that implement, too. Not sure why the other classifieds sections aren't included in there, but it doesn't make it okay.

Approach the seller nicely, and you might find a receptive audience. Or hey, if you're so passionate about it, perhaps you can start an informational (non-combative) thread in the bird forum section about why these animals don't make good "pets".

Old 07-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #13
Kurohyo
Alright, good advice. What I'm worried about is that the people won't look at that section and go straight to the classifieds part. As a similar instance with reptiles, what if some one puts a picture of a sickly snake up where only experienced keepers would be able to tell? Could some one not warn them about this?

Old 07-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #14
Willow
someone selling sick animals will end up in the BOI. Posting a BOI about every seller that is selling these birds, simply because you do not think they should be, isn't going to get you very far on this website = /

and posting your opinion is one thing (not really allowed in the classifieds) but demanding someone to stop selling their animals is entirely different.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:33 AM   #15
Kurohyo
Alright lesson learned. Thanks for the tips all, sorry if I was out of place.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #16
hhmoore
Unfortunately, I have to spread karma around before I can give Eddie his next donation, and add another for you, Shadera. Your suggestion is very similar to the one I had planned to make.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!