How long have you had snakes / Pits? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Mattcbiker
Question How long have you had snakes / Pits?

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!!!

When did everyone get their first snake, and what type?

When did you get your first Pituophis?

ME: Two Checkered Garters in '97 from a local pet shop in San Antonio, TX. I lost one in the backyard due to carelessness when it flew under the porch, the other one was placed in the wrong cage after it escaped and was found by my dad. That cage just happened to be the home of my Eastern King. 'Nuff said, unfortunently. Those garter snakes were actually wonderfull pets and very fascinating. I'd love to get another.
I got my Kankakee bull this last October, produced by John Metzler.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:05 AM   #2
herphobbyist
first pit

I actually got my first pits from Kevin Bryant about 5 -6 years ago. A pair of albino bulls and a pair of d/h snow bulls. Funny you should mention garter snakes. They are my favorite snake, they are more inquisitive than any other I've kept. I had over 70 garters at one time but the amount of work they required was too much with my traveling shedule. I sold them off and then of course changed jobs :-(. I've had a few since then but now I stick with bulls as my main type of colubrid. Ron Radloff

Old 01-24-2005, 02:38 AM   #3
John Cherry
A Few Days Too Long I guess

Anyway, I am sure that is what my wife would say. LOL. Not really she is real good about my obssesion er hobby. Anway I caught my first snake ( Prarie KIng) at age 8 and then got my first exotice at age 10 ( a boa, which cost 7.99 from a shop). My first pit was a very angry adult bull snake caught on vacation, that we kept for three months and then had to take back to where we caught it when ity would not eat. Since then, the pit. collection has grown, but that first bull is still held in a special place in my mind of minds. Bennkeeping them non-stop now for over 34 years.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

Old 01-26-2005, 10:41 PM   #4
freezeframeplus
Well, I'm new to this "snake" world LOL... I always love snakes since as long as I can remember but I finally have my very first snake for about 3 months now. Nothing fancy, but it is a Pacific Gopher. She is a sweatheart and I think pretty too . She is only about 18-20" long. My dh does not like snakes but he started to warm up to my little Delilah. I hope one day he will let me have a BP! I can't wait to have one...

Priscilla Neergaard

Old 01-27-2005, 05:16 PM   #5
John Cherry
good for you

Keep at it and I am sure you will get what you want. I was lucky in that I had a very tolerate mother and then found a girl that didn't get freaked out when I caought a prarie king on our first date in the middle of the road. I really enjoy the hobby, keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

Old 01-29-2005, 01:39 AM   #6
Preacher Pat
Long, Long Ago......

The first snake I ever found was a Cal. King 47 years ago. The first snake I handled was a San Diego Gopher 43 yrs, ago. The first snake I ever owned was a 10 foot Burmese Python I bought from Frank Retes 39 yrs. ago. By 1969 I had 100+ snakes in my collection split between exotics I bought (we could get Suriname Redtails for $25!) and natives mostly caught (I use to rape and pillage with the best of them! Not proud of it now, though.).

Pat Glazener-Cooney