Need Help Feeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Joe Jo
Need Help Feeding

I ust got a new 07 bp. Ive had it for about a week. I cant get him to eat. Ive Tryed f/t live pre stunned. But Nothing. Ive never had a "just born" snake. When i got my 05 its was about a month old. Can someone give me some tips? Please

Old 05-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
Bill & Amy
Was he feeding when you bought it? What were they feeding him? Have you tried live?

Old 05-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
Joe Jo
No its never eatin. Its just been born. Ive tryed f/t, live, and pre stunned.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
Bill & Amy
Has it shed yet? When did it hatch?What size prey are you offering? What is the setup you have it in?

Sorry for all the questions, but it could be a number of things.

I've had good luck with live mouse crawlers(eyes just starting to open and crawling around cage) with picky babies. They seem less intimidating to some hatchling bp's. But if the setup isn't right for a hatchling it won't eat either.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
LadyOhh
A week is not that long... Check your husbandry, make sure everything is within comfortable range, and then try again in a week or so.

Stress is a big factor for little ones, so just give it some time and some space, make sure to give it plenty of water, and then try.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
SPJ
You might also consider that maybe it isn't hungry yet. Has it shed yet? Has it absorbed all of the yolk yet?

Try a smaller live fuzzy. One that has just gotten the coat of hair but it's eyes are not opened yet. Don't dangle though. Place it in the cage next to the snake.
I had great luck with the 07 imports using this as a feeder.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!