Couple of Egg and Incubator Questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
debhogman
Couple of Egg and Incubator Questions

Our big girl just laid 26 eggs. 1st question is two are conjoined with another egg. What does this mean? 2nd question is I have a Hova Bator incubator and I am having a heck of a time getting this thing about 75 degrees. I have it in one of the warmest rooms but can't seem to get this thing to hit the 80's. Does this mean my eggs won't hatch or just that it will take longer.

Thanks for any education. I am steadily googling for more information but you guys are quick to respond

Deb Hogman
Memphis, TN

Old 01-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
john_ny217
what are you measuring your temps with? Because if you have your hovabator turned all the way up and the temps are going above 75, it just seems a little odd to me lol is your heating wafer thing damaged?

also when you say two of the eggs are conjoined, you mean they are just stuck together right? that happens from time to time because when she drops them they are kinda sticky and as the sit there and she buries them they just stick together.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
angie.h
Hi Deb...like John mentioned,eggs being sticky is no big deal...the temps. are a def. problem though...at 75 they will probably not even hatch.A minimum temp. is 80,max. is 90....and you really don't want to reach either extreme.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
debhogman
I actually have two digital incubators coming in a 5000 and 6000 model. How horrible would it be to switch the eggs to the new incubator today or tomorrow. I am hoping we get lucky with these eggs. She laid them a lot quicker than anticipated. I was hoping to have these two incubators in before this happened. Live and learn but I will get better at this - will keep you guys posted.

Deb Hogman

Old 01-12-2010, 08:06 AM   #5
angie.h
Hi Deb...a short period at a lower temp. shouldn't hurt them...don"t despair !! They should be fine.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
ace9916
Morning

When you say short period how long do you mean. Short like in a couple of hours, few days, or even a week.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
angie.h
Deb mentioned that her new incubators were coming in the next day or two...that would pose no problem for the eggs. I don't even think a week at that temp would be too serious but who is going to experiment with a low temp to find out for sure?

Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #8
ace9916
Got it

Last year around this time my power went out do to storms and i had eggs in the incubator. I didn't know what to do with them. In the end i covered them with a few thick blankets and it managed to keep the eggs at 75-80 degrees for 2or 3 days. One of my biggest females came from that clutch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!