Caging, who to use? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
Kingetula
Caging, who to use?

I have Animal plastics right now, I like them but never hurts to ask if there is tanyone out there who makes cages for the same price or cheaper but with the same quality?

Old 08-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
spyder79
i have no idea how much animal plastics tanks are but i got two 36" x 24" x 18" cages from Mushu Cages for 300 shipped. His website is currently down for rebuild but here is the email address.
Mushucages@aol.com
here is a picture of the cage

Old 08-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
i have no idea how much animal plastics tanks are but i got two 36" x 24" x 18" cages from Mushu Cages for 300 shipped. His website is currently down for rebuild but here is the email address.
Mushucages@aol.com
here is a picture of the cage

There are some reviews on Mushu and I definitely think they are on the 'must read' list prior to a purchase.....

Old 08-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
spyder79
yeah to include mine where i did purchase as a test because it was a hard deal to pass up and my tanks cam in perfect. Shipped at the time he stated, all the edges were deburred, and the glass was not cracked or broken. I read all of the posts on here about mushu cages and it worried me but like i said it was a deal i couldnt pass up (especially considering all i would have to do was reverse charges with my card if there had been something wrong) and they both came in perfect.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Lucille
The BOI is an outstanding tool for purchasers, they can listen to opinions from those who already have experience with a vendor. In this thread, the OP is seeking recommendations for quality cages. In the interests of having a more rounded view of those who might consider Mushu cages, it might be worth reading through the following thread so that one can make a more informed choice:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ighlight=mushu

Old 08-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
hhmoore
This thread is not appropriate to the BOI, in format or context. I have moved it to the Caging forum.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
Shadera
I've got 6 big racks from AP and am working on bringing in a stack of 5 T10s for the boas. There's no better cage or rack out there for the cash, IMO. And their customer service is top notch to boot. Now that they've got the lead time down to something much more manageable it's hard to find something to complain about with them. I hunted the net for months trying to find something cheaper but same quality and just couldn't find it so I went ahead and bit the bullet on the cost and just replaced all my old stuff with theirs.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
Kingetula
Yeah, I have no issues with AP cages. Just like I do with a new car, shopping around.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
hhmoore
Caging choices are highly subjective.
I have a bunch of Jungle Habitats cages (no longer in business, as far as I know), and have been happy with them. If I were in the market now, I don't know which company I would go with. I've got AP racks, and there is no disputing the quality of the product or the customer service. Boaphiles are nice cages; but other than ordering straight off the website, you can't do anything online with them (emails get an auto response saying to call them...and they must mean it because NONE of mine have ever gotten a real response). I've heard good reports about RBI cages, but also heard about a few minor "finish" issues that would probably irritate me over time. Vision - matter of taste...lots of people love them; I've never liked them. Mushu - vision knockoffs of questionable quality, heard more negative than good, frankly. Repti-racks - mixed impressions...seen a few good comments on their cages, but I've contacted them twice: the last time, I was mainly putting out some feelers for some potential custom work - they were willing, and their response was helpful...but the first time just left a bad taste in my mouth.
Ultimately, it depends on what you like...and what you expect for your money.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #10
Kingetula
Thanks for the replies, I went with Animal Plastic's again.

I'll post pictures soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!