MY Western and Hello - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-17-2004, 08:48 AM   #1
CTtrapper
MY Western and Hello

Hi everyone,
Im new to the site here. I wanted to put a picture up of my new Western Hognose. We have a albino corn also.
I carry the memory from 25 years ago being with my uncle and seeing two Eastern Hogs (Black/Yellow) and following them in the woods.
I do Nuisance wildlife control for a living and that has rekindeled my intrest in the snakes. Had fun this summer handeling some large black ratrs and other typical New England snakes this summer. (Usually in the house)
Anyway, Thanks for the Site and see ya around.
Lenny
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2004, 07:19 AM   #2
oscar
hail fellow CT'er.

nice looking hognose CT. we just got ours about 2 wks ago and love him. he's alot smaller then your beauty and we were quite suprised when the dealer told us that he'll eat a pinkie or two at a time.

Old 12-21-2004, 10:00 AM   #3
CTtrapper
Hi Oscar,
I was told ours is a year and a half old.Although he hasen't ate for us yet, he was eating up to small rats. Do you have a good Herp. shop around you? Were currently going to West Haven area.

Old 12-28-2004, 03:49 PM   #4
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
he was eating up to small rats.
The snake in the picture was eating small rats? Rat pinks maybe?

Old 12-28-2004, 06:08 PM   #5
CTtrapper
Yes, Im forgetfull of the exact term but they weren't full grown rats by any means. Sorry to misslead.
He finally ate today, that made me very very happy.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #6
oscar
sorry CT, i've had a busy time lately.

i got my hog from the that place you are talking about i bet.. lol.. i've found thats the best place to go and the young kid there (name withheld to protect the innocent ) is rather knowledgable and very helpful. mine was supposedly taking a couple of mouse pinkies at a time and the breeder told me to suppliment him w/ a frog or lizard once in a while. i havent tried that, but he's eaten twice in the last month, but only 1 pinkie.

i'm going to the white plains show this weekend so maybe i'll pick another hognose an hope that its mate. i have a huuuuuuuge wish list so we'll have to see.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:46 PM   #7
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
the breeder told me to suppliment him w/ a frog or lizard once in a while.
There's no need to "supplement" with a frog or lizard. Your Western Hognose will live a long, happy life on a diet of rodents.

But a baby hognose should be eating weekly...

Old 01-23-2005, 02:53 AM   #8
ladyserpent7
i can never get over how cute the faces of these snakes are. I got one in sep. and she like my daughter. By the way, im happy for you... that your snake ate. Mine isnt eating now, so i know how you must have felt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!