Bad Guy scammers aqui4no - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:14 AM   #61
Black Adder
I would say the pictures from paul showing the box weighing 1.02lb and the weight on the label at exactly 1.00lb are pretty normal.
Lets say there had been an ackie in there and it would have pushed the weight up to even just 1.5lb total then the label would have been rounded up to 2.0lb as Fedex do not deal in fractions of a lb.

However there is also this to consider.
It does look like the label is a home printed one and if that is the case when you make your label online it only knows what you tell it, so you could punch in 1.0lb for weight even if box was truly say 1.7lb. The label will only show the 1.0lb entered not the true shipped weight, you would need to see a copy of the senders actual Fedex billing which shows actual weight AFTER it was scanned and weighed at whatever location it was dropped off at.

So with all that being said at this point it is still a he said/she said situation.
Without either a boxing or unboxing video at either end, either party could be telling the truth or untruths.

Somebody is going to end up being out a sum of money on this one unfortunately.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #62
roughryder194
The label says 1 lb which is what the empty box without ackie weighs

Old 09-17-2018, 08:27 AM   #63
Black Adder
True but if you also bother to read my post you will see I said the 1.0lb on the SELF PRINTED label has NOTHING to do with actual weight of the box, it is just the figure the seller punched in while creating the label.
That I know for a fact as I create my own labels all the time and it only shows what you personally enter.

Shoot, I could ship a 10lb box and enter it as 1lb while making the label.
Then when it was scanned it would show up as 10lb IN THE SYSTEM but still the label would show just 1lb!
When my monthly bill for fedex becomes due I would see they charged me for ACTUAL WEIGHT of 10lb not the 1lb I entered.

Do you now see my point?

Old 09-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #64
roughryder194
Ok I don't ship so I missed your point

Old 09-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #65
Black Adder
No problem and just to be absolutely clear I am not taking any sides here at all.
Just pointing out why the 1.0lb printed on the label cannot be taken as an absolute guarantee that nothing was shipped in the box.
As I said without definitive proof one way or another this is a tough one.
Sorry and good luck.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #66
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlmiller1 View Post
I'm falling for Melissa Wiley
I am falling for you, but I warn you that sometimes the love you get might not be the love you want. In other words, knock your nonsense off.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:41 AM   #67
MikeCurtin
Paul, will Fedex give you any information at all? I know they said the sender has to file the claim, but could you request the actual weight of the package?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #68
roughryder194
I will beall them when I get home I know they face me the senders phone number to contact him and of course that was no good

Old 09-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #69
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
Paul, will Fedex give you any information at all? I know they said the sender has to file the claim, but could you request the actual weight of the package?
That's a good idea, especially since it seems the seller has no interest in figuring out what has happened to the ackie that he says was in the box. His disinterest is suspicious, if I had shipped an animal & my buyer said the box was empty, I'd be on the phone to FedEx in a heartbeat to figure out where the animal was.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #70
Robert Walker
If the animal escaped from the shipping box during shipment, the bag would be torn, the box would be torn also. Is the box intact on all sides? If so, then you can rule out any claim that the animal must of escaped by itself during shipping.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!