Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
Lee Herps
Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware

Hi all, I am writing this to warn everyone about Bill Leverton and to get peoples opinions on this situation. It all started on Thursday April 7th, when I received an email from Bill asking for a number so he can call me about a snake I wanted to buy from Dana Shield. Turns out he was also interested in this snake, but I had already put a deposit down on it. While talking to Bill on the phone he asked if I had anything for sale. I replied saying yes, I had a 05 DH ghost BCI I was selling. He immediately expressed interest. On April 10th Bill sent a $200 deposit via paypal to hold the snake while he traveled to Texas to visit a friend. On April 19th I received the remaining $175 and shipped the snake that same day. The package was delivered April 20th at 2:25 pm. That evening there is a message on my machine from Bill asking me to call him ASAP. When I called he explained to me that when he received the package there was a gaping hole in the side of the box and that there was no snake inside. After talking to UPS several times and getting nowhere I decided there was nothing I could do. I refunded the $200 deposit and explained to Bill that I would refund the remaining $175 in a couple of days when the money transfer to paypal was complete. On April 22nd Bill called me and told me to keep the $175. He explained that he didn't think that one person should take the hit of UPS's carelessness. I thanked him and told him he was a really nice guy. That was the last I talked to him.
On Sunday July 10th I am browsing reptileauction.com and saw Bill was selling a DH ghost male. Not thinking anything of it while I clicked on the auction, my jaw dropped as the picture appeared on my computer. I recognized it immediately. I told myself not to get ahead of myself while I was searching through my old photos on my digital camera card. As I compared my photos to the one he had on the auction, I realized I've been scammed. Here is the photo he has on auction and here are the photos I used when I had the snake for sale

You tell me, is this the same snake or what?
I immediately emailed him this

"Bill, I am emailing you about the DH ghost you have listed on Reptibid.com. I feel as if I got scammed!!! I suggest you email me immediately with an explanation and resend the $200 I refunded you for this snake!!! If I don't hear from you soon, I am going to make sure everyone knows what kind of person you really are!!! Lee"

This is what I got in reply

"Lee,Im not sure I understand what your talking(typing)about How were you scammed??? Please explain....your saying that the Dh I have up is yours????? theres no way....please explain....Billy"

I replied with this

"The snake you have up for auction is identical to the one I sold you!!! I compared the photos, and the patterns are identical. Where did you get the snake if it is not the one I sold you? I think I am going to have to go to the BOI about this. Please don't make this worse than it already is. I am not playing games. Lee"

This snake is currently up from auction at the URL below

http://www.reptileauction.com/cgi-bi...tem=1121435957

Any suggestions as to what I should do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Lee

Old 07-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #2
Hurley
Well, the large joined saddle on the tails of these two snakes doesn't appear to match up to me. Are you sure it's the same snake?
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Comparison of tail Bands

Lee,

Sorry but they do not look like the same snake and Im not even a snake person and its obvious to me, if you look at the tail the markings are not the same on the 6th band up from the tip of the tail, see pics below.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
Bill_Leverton
Lee, upon looking at the 2 pictures I will say they do look alike except for the tail area ( between the 2 R's) Mine has a Arrow patch where yours doesn't so yes I do agree they seem similar but not the same.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
Bill_Leverton
I type to slow

Old 07-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #6
Lee Herps
I figured this would come up. Take into consideration the angle of the photos. I emailed bill this URL address. If this is not the same snake he will post more photos of it here.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:19 AM   #7
DAND
Connie,

You are a lot quicker with the photo cropping than I was.

I have to agree that at first glance they look close but this isn't horseshoes or hand grenades.

Lee,

I believe you owe Bill an apology.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
Lee, its not the same snake, you can tell by bands on the tail, it doesn't matter what angle they are taken at, they are not the same, the OBVIOUS arrow on Bills snake is pointing towards the head of the snake and the marking on your snake is not the same arrow and is pointing towards the tail, so there is no need for Bill to post more pics, but you should apologize to him for this thread.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:24 AM   #9
DThomas
Not the same snake. Not only does the distinctive tail saddle not match but the rest of the saddles on the snake do not seem to match also.

In my transaction with Bill, I found him to be completely honest, represented his animals well, and he went way above and beyond when a slight hiccup beyond his control occured.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #10
Lee Herps
Bill, If it is not the same snake, set my mind at ease and post some more photos at different angles. Lee

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!