Inquiry Mike Souza - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #31
snakeman236
Just for the record....I am not a novice to sexing snakes either by probe or popping or looking for spur size. In this case I was extremely careful, used my smallest probe with lots of jell, had my wife hold the main body of the snake as I probed very gently..making sure not to force anything. It probed female for me just like the female that was sent as a female from this pair.
The trauma I was talking about was not physical but the mental stress on a baby snake. Lots of snakes do not like to be held in this fashion to endure probing. I have seen snakes stop eating or become completely different personality wise after this type of "trauma".
This animal had just been shipped across the country and that is stressful in itself.
Everyone is jumping on my hurting the animal during my attempt to sex it. I sex all my animals I receive to make sure things are right and have never hurt one of them during this process of over 40 years of being in the Herp business.

I just wanted to clear the air on this particular point....Blake this post isn't directed towards you, just FYI

Sincerely,'
Mike

Old 10-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #32
BlakeWilsonRetics
Thank you Mike. I think that's where a lot of confusion was coming from on my part and others as well. I agree this has probably been very stressful for the snake. Thanks for clearing that up.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:18 PM   #33
Claudia Flores
I have never dealt with Mike but have dealt with Blake and he is a very honest and stand up guy to deal with. Mike seems the same and glad you guys are working this out. -Claudia Flores

Old 10-03-2018, 05:47 PM   #34
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman236 View Post
Just for the record....I am not a novice to sexing snakes either by probe or popping or looking for spur size. In this case I was extremely careful, used my smallest probe with lots of jell, had my wife hold the main body of the snake as I probed very gently..making sure not to force anything. It probed female for me just like the female that was sent as a female from this pair.
The trauma I was talking about was not physical but the mental stress on a baby snake. Lots of snakes do not like to be held in this fashion to endure probing. I have seen snakes stop eating or become completely different personality wise after this type of "trauma".
This animal had just been shipped across the country and that is stressful in itself.
Everyone is jumping on my hurting the animal during my attempt to sex it. I sex all my animals I receive to make sure things are right and have never hurt one of them during this process of over 40 years of being in the Herp business.

I just wanted to clear the air on this particular point....Blake this post isn't directed towards you, just FYI

Sincerely,'
Mike
In you text correspondence you stated you "popped" the snake. Now you claim you probed it. Which is it?

Old 10-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #35
snakeman236
I probed it first and then at the suggestion of Blake I attempted to pop it 4 days later...so I did both. FYI we have settled our issues and have come to a mutual understanding on this matter...I see no sense in continuing this thread, all parties are happy and satisfied and from what I understand that is one of the purposes of the BOI.....correct?

Thank you,
Mike

Old 10-03-2018, 06:11 PM   #36
Chris Kennard
Quote:
I probed it first and then at the suggestion of Blake I attempted to pop it 4 days later...so I did both. FYI we have settled our issues and have come to a mutual understanding on this matter...I see no sense in continuing this thread, all parties are happy and satisfied and from what I understand that is one of the purposes of the BOI.....correct?

Thank you,
Mike
Absolutely correct, and I'm glad you two are working things out. I'm simply pointing out what I see as discrepancies. I question why you are just now mentioning "probing". And why someone who claims to have 40 years experience and is "not a novice" at sexing snakes needs someone else to suggest popping a snake that probed female just like the other one you have. Maybe you probed the other one incorrectly? Better pop that one too.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:14 PM   #37
Chris Kennard
Quote:

Thank you,
Mike
And for what it's worth, the BOI works for guys like you, and also works for people who have questions about dealing with you guys in the future, thus my questions.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #38
snakeman236
What do you mean "guys like me?" Most of my experience is with BCC's, colubrids, Hots and Rosy Boas....I wasn't aware that pythons could be popped like a kingsnake....really haven't worked with lots of pythons in the past. You are making it sound like just because I have 40 years of experience I am an expert in all herps, I'm not and never claimed to be...just like I'm sure your not an expert in all herps but common sense would tell you that, right??

I would like for some of the other Admin's to read this Thread....I have showed no disrespect towards anyone...so what does "guys like me" mean to you???

I already wrote that I wanted this thread to end....all has ended well yet this person continues to drag it on and then disrespects me with his comments..is this is what you want Fauna to be about?

Old 10-03-2018, 06:55 PM   #39
Chris Kennard
Quote:
What do you mean "guys like me?" Most of my experience is with BCC's, colubrids, Hots and Rosy Boas....I wasn't aware that pythons could be popped like a kingsnake....really haven't worked with lots of pythons in the past. You are making it sound like just because I have 40 years of experience I am an expert in all herps, I'm not and never claimed to be...just like I'm sure your not an expert in all herps but common sense would tell you that, right??

I would like for some of the other Admin's to read this Thread....I have showed no disrespect towards anyone...so what does "guys like me" mean to you???

I already wrote that I wanted this thread to end....all has ended well yet this person continues to drag it on and then disrespects me with his comments..is this is what you want Fauna to be about?
Lighten up. I was referring to both of you referring to how the BOI works. Anywho, have you popped the other one yet?

Old 10-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #40
Chris Kennard
And just out of curiosity, why mention your 40 years of experience and not being a novice at sexing snakes if it is not pertinent to this particular situation?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!