What is wrong with this gecko? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
RainDropExotics
What is wrong with this gecko?

Rescued this guy from a chick off craigslist. She thought it was a female.... He's a little over a year old. He has been housed in a 12x12x12 all SCREEN enclosure with another male. She had a water bowl, two branches, and two fake hanging plants. No substrate. No paper towels and didn't realize they needed humidity. Is dehydration the factor? Another thought was a chahou? Hybrid. His skin is very loose, bottom lip looks swollen slightly, has old man neck and a flat head. I've found both of them sleeping on the floor off their enclosure.
Images removed, account compromised - content not relevant to post
hhmoore

Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
snowgyre
Truthfully, she looks pudgy, but I don't see anything else wrong. Just a bunch of fat folds.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
rcarichter
Looks like he might have been living on baby food. Because I'm a neurotic crestie person, I immediately see the lower jaw. Ironically, this could have been what saved him from dehydration, since baby food is mostly water. I'd get him on CGD and a humid enclosure, and he should do fine.

Noelle

Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
RainDropExotics
Thanks. He was fed baby food all his life. The girl said thats what the pet store told her. He is now in a aquarium twice the size and I've been hand feeding him cgd. He's already starting to look better

Old 12-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Reptiledysfunction
As suggested I would start getting him a little CGD and maybe a handful of insects as well just to give him a bit of variety, considering he's only been fed baby food untill now. I doubt he is a Chewie hybrid though, most likely just looks a bit different due to the poor diet and (i'm assuming) no vitamin supplementation his whole life.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:02 AM   #6
hhmoore
Sam - your account has been banned, because it appears to have been compromised. Use the email you used to register to contact me at faunaIDchecker@yahoo.com.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!