Scott of ScottsSerpent is Certainly a Crook - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #21
Chameleon Company
Whatever distaste members here have at seeing Scott still as a member, advertiser, etc., as well as the policies of Fauna that allow him to stay, lets not forget that Fauna was successful in exposing a bad vendor to a potential buyer. My sympathies to the buyer for getting burned, who we all thank for bringing his experience here, but he acknowledged that he bought "against his better judgement" after researching Fauna. Many others undoubtedly see the same info, and don't buy ........ no bad transaction, no "bad guy" thread, but in such "no transaction" events, Fauna worked at its best!

At the same time, it is not inconceivable that Fauna could ban folks such as Scott Sanchez. It may not be practical, but KS has a policy in place with the "3 unresolved complaints rule". That requires a staff to administer, and KS does charge fees to post there, thus creating a fund to bankroll such. I do not think that is at all practical here, unless a volunteer committee could be fielded.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:24 AM   #22
Boaguy80
I'm going to cry

I just read all of the posts and I have been mailing him payments on the albino redtail boa.. I have all the proof in my emails.. I have talked with him on the phone.. What do I do I gave him $1,150 so far with owed $330. I'm going to be sick... I always wanted a albino redtail and finally saved enough for one since I have 3 kids and a wife and now I am going to be sick. He told me that the people have lied about him...I guess I am out and I bought a new cage and everything... Well guess I should not trust anyone since this is the 2nd time I got ripped off in animal deals... THere ain't one trustable person out there...

Old 02-12-2007, 03:27 AM   #23
texasnewbie
Doesn't look good Clay
How have you paid him? Hopefully its by paypal/credit card and you can get it back.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:39 AM   #24
Boaguy80
money order

guess I was ripped off. I dont care cause now I don't think I will trust anyone. YOU ALL CAN RUIN PEOPLES LIVES. I WAS RIPPED OFF ON A CAT LAST YEAR. NOW I AM OUT 4g in total ripoffs.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:03 AM   #25
texasnewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boaguy80
guess I was ripped off. I dont care cause now I don't think I will trust anyone. YOU ALL CAN RUIN PEOPLES LIVES. I WAS RIPPED OFF ON A CAT LAST YEAR. NOW I AM OUT 4g in total ripoffs.
I was ripped off last year (also on 2cats/one purchase) trusting the seller cost me $2400 BUT I have purchased online since and had no problems, I'm just more cautious now.
I hope you can get your money back or get your snake.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:55 AM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
Here is a link to the ad.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...?product=29383

File a report with the postal inspectors. By shipping an empty box, and it can be proven it was empty by the weight, he committed mail fraud.

That would work if all that was expected in the box was a refund check. But if there was any implication that he was supposed to actually send the snake that way, they will not prosecute a fraud case since shipping snakes USPS is a crime.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #27
kmurphy
Quote:
Clay, you're not actually ripped off yet. My advice would be to stay off this thread until you can see where you're headed with Scott. There will be plenty of time to praise, or blast, Scott when the time comes.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:02 AM   #28
DAND
Clay,

Postal Money order(s)? If yes, the Post Office may be of some assistance if the time comes that you do not get what you have been paying for.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #29
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
That would work if all that was expected in the box was a refund check. But if there was any implication that he was supposed to actually send the snake that way, they will not prosecute a fraud case since shipping snakes USPS is a crime.
Are you certain of this or is it a guess?

Why wouldn't the prosecute? Fraud is fraud. Just because he didn't ship the snake, which he apparently said he was, is no reason to ASSume no fraud charges would be filed for not shipping the snake and keeping the payment for said snake.

Is there case law example available?

Old 02-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #30
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Clay,

Postal Money order(s)? If yes, the Post Office may be of some assistance if the time comes that you do not get what you have been paying for.
Actually, if he has been using the US mail to to send money orders of any variety then it is still technically mail fraud. The problem is that until the snake is paid in full Sanchez can (legitimately) claim that he has no obligation to ship anything. Unless there is a method to cancel the order, which I doubt, he also can decline to make a refund.

This is a tough case. I doubt that I would make the last $330 in payments unless I was working with the authorities and knew they would prosecute him if and when he failed to send the animal. Even then...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!