Please share Candoia breeding experiences - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #21
vodkadreamzzz
A litter of 53

I had bought several candoia paulsoni over the coarse of about 2 years, With my collection at around 6, then i bought 3 imported females 2 being gravid. One had a litter of 53 (pictured) the other had 51. I had an overall success rate of approx 80%. The key was the provide them with a shallow dish, small sandwich containers (well ventilated) single snake per container with a napkin for the substrate. I did all the reading one could do prior to attempting to feed. Even the smallest of pinkies were still too large for these babies. At the time I worked at a pet store part time, it occurred to me to try small guppie fish. It so happened the night I decided to feed, there was a storm coming in and the snakes seemed very active. Very quiet and calm I proceeded with minimal light from a small lamp on the opposite side of the room, I started dropping guppies into their shallow pool, I observed several guppies jumping out of the dishes and instantly grabbing the snakes attention. This was approx 3-3.5 weeks after birth I attempted to feed. I left them alone over night and to my surprise most of them had eaten! I fed them guppies 2x weekly for about 2-3 months depending on size, and switched to one day old mouse pinks. Most of them without hesitation took to pinks, the others I scented once or twice. A few I had to force feed very carefully to get them started on either guppies or pinkie parts. I had a few fatalities, most of them refused to eat from day one. With some time I had strong, and well established specimens. Mostly whites.

I ended up having to moved 1/2 across country, and left most of them with a "friend" and never seen them again, and the others I sold or gave to a couple friends. I currently own 0 snakes, however of I got anouther, it would definitely be anouther candoia paulsoni.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #22
vodkadreamzzz
Photos

A couple of my specimens. One female, one male. Origin unknown
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #23
vodkadreamzzz
Male

Those was one of my males
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #24
vodkadreamzzz
Ideal soaking dish

Shallow, and perfect soaking dish
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #25
vodkadreamzzz
Newborn

One day old
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #26
vodkadreamzzz
The mommas

These are post birth mothers. They gave birth approx 2 weeks apart. Taking care of 100+ babies= exhausting
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #27
EPICRATES
C paulsoni

Wow Vodka I wish I was around when you had to find new homes for these, they are beautiful. Fingers crossed I should have 3-5 gravid females this year (yes, I'm a glutton for punishment). Great pics thanks for sharing.

Bourbon man ,
Jay W.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #28
vodkadreamzzz
Babies

Hey jay! I can't wait to see what your mommas may have in store! Perhaps I you have any available in the future, I would certainly be interested!

Old 05-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #29
EPICRATES
Candoia

Let's def stay in touch, either through here or my email is insularway@aol.com.
You don't happen to recall who you may have sent your boas to in the past do you?

Jay

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!