How many Sand Boas do you breed? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: How Many Kenyans do you produce?
None. I keep but not breed. 6 28.57%
1-10. No big output here 9 42.86%
11-30. Great start 3 14.29%
31+ I love Kenyans! 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2004, 12:39 PM   #1
Sand&SunReptile
How many Sand Boas do you breed?

Ok, The rosy boa poll has all the details on these going ons here. So, I would greatly appreciate every keeper here to chime in on whatever applies.
Even if you only have 1 kenyan, you are still a collector, just not breeder of them.
Please poll, and leave a post here!

Old 10-08-2004, 01:20 PM   #2
KelliH
My husband has quite a few Kenyans. Honestly I have never really cared for them, they just don't do it for me. I do like the way the paradox snows look, they are pretty neat.

Once I got to watch one of our females give birth, she had 18 or 19 babies. It was cool, that was the first time I had ever watched a boa give birth.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:02 PM   #3
Sand&SunReptile
That's awesome. That is a big litter for a Sand Boa, good deal. I like all the kenyan morphs, snows are the best as youngings. But they brown out as the mature, and become less appealing. Albinos are awesome all the way through, and the pied that is still unproven that the Barkers have is pretty cool.

Old 10-08-2004, 09:07 PM   #4
Karen Hulvey
I just got into KSBs this year.
I have:
1.1 Normal adults that just had
0.0.6 babies two weeks ago.
2.0 Anery '04 babies
0.1 '03 normal
0.5 '04 babies 66% possible het anery.

So 16 in total. I'm planning on getting an albino or two to add to the collection. I really love the paradox albinos but so far they're out of my price range.

Karen

Old 10-08-2004, 09:13 PM   #5
Sand&SunReptile
Thats a nice group of future breeders. You'll be making some nice babies when you get those buggers up to breeding size.
THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING! I am sensing a pulse in this old and dead forum after all.

Old 10-09-2004, 08:43 AM   #6
Karen Hulvey
Michael-Sand & Sun

How many sand boas do you have?

Are there any sand boas you want?

I saw a pix of a black Russian sand boa. I'd like to get a group of them.

Karen

Old 10-09-2004, 01:33 PM   #7
Sand&SunReptile
Right now, I dont have any
I love Kenyans, and they are mainly the kind of Sands I like.
I wouldnt mind some other sand boas, but Kenyans are definitley my favorites.
What do you have besides sand boas?

Old 10-10-2004, 10:19 PM   #8
Karen Hulvey
I also have a red milk snake and a prarie kingsnake. I also have a Moroccan uromastyx female. 1.1 redfoot tortoises.

I have been raising lovebirds for years and have a lot of them. I also have a pair of Timneh African Greys who just had a baby that I pulled to handfeed this past Monday. I also raise society finches, zebra finches, Java finches, parakeets, gloster canaries and button quail (blue tongue skinks, argus monitors, water monitors and B&W tegus love button quail eggs). I also have two Tokay geckoes, the largest is 11" long and likes to eat button quail hatchlings.

I used to have a trio of ball pythons and had a clutch of 6 eggs last year but I sold them when I saw my first B&W KSB. I was like, wowzer, and I can afford to buy them so the balls went bye bye.

What animals do you have?

Karen

Old 10-11-2004, 01:05 PM   #9
Sand&SunReptile
I have...
1.1 Proven Corn Snakes
1.1 Rosy Boas
1.3 Leopard Geckos
1.2 Ball Pythons
I'm getting a male coastal carpet saturday, and in November I'm getting more leopard geckos, ball pythons, and maybe a rosy or two. Also, with the Ball Pythons, I'm getting some het ghosts in the spring/summer.
Aside from reptiles...
I have 2 dogs, a yorky terrier poodle mix, and a mini poodle. These do not have spoofy hair cuts, and are not steriotypical poodles. These are normal dogs lol.
Also, 1.2 Salt and Pepper platties (one female is about to burst) 1.2 Sunset Sword tails, and some other fish, 2 'keets though I dont know sex, and a guinea pig.

Old 10-16-2004, 02:26 PM   #10
meretseger
With budgies... look at the skin around their nostrils. Blue for boys, pink for girls. At least that's the way I remember it. That doesn't work for yellow or white ones though.
(I've got a Bourke's parakeet named Zippy. He's like a regular parakeet but boringer).

Erin B.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!