albino coastal boa found ! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #11
pch101
The first two pics that I posted are the actual snake in question. In other words, that is the snake that he claims to have found.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:28 AM   #12
Otter_23
I guess I would I was thinking that if someone had found this snake and were so excited to post it on forums than they would be just as excited to post updates and any info they had on it, but I've been wrong before. Just can't remember when .
Mark Westberg

Old 09-20-2005, 04:39 PM   #13
Salton Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeyman
yea, i want to see this snake, and you holding it! because i could have found a snow rosy going up my street(i live where they are native to hehe) but without a pic to prove it then it really didnt happen..... i sure wish i would find a snow. i would be very very happy...
Oh he definitely has the albino he claims to have found. I have been to his house and seen it. He even left the mite on it he says that was on the snake at the time he found it. He seems like a really nice guy, and like previously stated is one super dedicated field herper with an amazing combination of luck and skill for finding Rosy Boas. But having only met him once I can't really vouch for him(not that my word means particularly anything).

Old 09-20-2005, 07:50 PM   #14
Junkyard
Did I get that right. He brought a wild snake into his home and did not clean the mites off? That is just begging for an aweful infestation.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:51 PM   #15
Salton Sea
I only saw one mite, not mites. I asked him if he was going to extract it, he said no. He seemed to think it would help cooberate the fact that the snake was wild-caught. In all fairness, he told me about the mite before I saw the snake, so it's not like he made that up as a spare-of-the-moment excuse. He also showed me at least a dozen Rosys of various localities and I did not see a parasite one on any of the other snakes, and I was looking. All his snakes looked pretty healthy too.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:06 PM   #16
Salton Sea
I also purchased a SF male from him and the snake didn't have any mites on it, but I quarantined it anyway. The same snake is doing great. Like I said I really have no real idea if Rob is telling the truth or not having only met him once, but he didn't seem like a greedy scammer-type guy. He discounted the snake for me(his idea) because I missed him on our first scheduled meeting and had to make a 2nd trip, but the reason I couldn't make the first meeting was entirely my fault.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:12 PM   #17
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salton Sea
I only saw one mite, not mites. I asked him if he was going to extract it, he said no. He seemed to think it would help cooberate the fact that the snake was wild-caught. In all fairness, he told me about the mite before I saw the snake, so it's not like he made that up as a spare-of-the-moment excuse. He also showed me at least a dozen Rosys of various localities and I did not see a parasite one on any of the other snakes, and I was looking. All his snakes looked pretty healthy too.
The way you talk about extracting a mite sounds like you are actually referring to a tick.
Someone would not extract ONE mite, let alone leave ONE mite on a snake.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:36 PM   #18
Salton Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
The way you talk about extracting a mite sounds like you are actually referring to a tick.
Someone would not extract ONE mite, let alone leave ONE mite on a snake.
Well tick then. The thing was so tiny, you could barely see it underneath the scale of the snake and the snake was little more than a baby.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:41 PM   #19
pch101
I do not trust him. Things are not adding up. Well they actually are but it is not adding up to what he would have us believe. Like I said his absolute reluctance to answer any questions that I have for him tells me something.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:51 PM   #20
Chris@TSE
sounds like BS to me....

anyone who would intentionally leave a tick on an animal to prove it was field collected deserves a lobotomy....... lol. I cannot stress that enough.

Then again, anyone can place a tick on a snake....... Looks to have the influence of a whitewater amel IMO. Again, this screams BS, and I seriously doubt this animal was field collected, no way in hell.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!