albino coastal boa found ! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-20-2005, 10:47 PM   #21
Sensinitas
test.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:08 PM   #22
Sensinitas
I have seen the snake and I believe Rob 100%, not just because he showed the snake to me, but because I dont think he is the kind of guy that would just make up this story to make himself look good. In my opinion, he has no bad intentions, and I dont think he is trying to fool anybody. I have done a fair amount of herping with him and he definately is an avid field herper. Like Ralph said he has other localities of rosy boas including California, Arizona, and Mexican rosy boas and they all look very healthy with no mites or ticks. Last time I talked with him, he was in the process of moving and said he didnt have any access to a computer or the internet, so maybe thats the reason he hasnt posted any more pics. Anyway, Rob is a cool down to earth guy and Im sure he is not making this up.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:25 PM   #23
Junkyard
Well, tick or mite, I think the biggest mistake is leaving it on the snake. One mite can travel 12 feet in one hour. I have yet to meet anyone who would be willing to leave a parasite on a snake, let alone just for herping proof. Of course there is always an exception, I guess Robert is it.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:15 AM   #24
Chris@TSE
Again, this is pure BS. Especially considering the messenger........

Who would take the word of someone who cannot even decipher the difference between a tick and a mite? Jeeeez....

Liking the guy does not make his claims legitimate, especially concerning you have little to no knowledge of the animal(s) whether you have seen them personally or not. How does that matter coming from you? Really?

Come on over, I'll show you something and give it a fancy story and name too.......

Old 09-21-2005, 12:19 AM   #25
Wilomn
Sniff Sniff It's getting awfully fishy around here.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:25 AM   #26
Chris@TSE
indeed....

Old 09-21-2005, 12:26 AM   #27
pch101
I have to agree with Mike, the mite story is not helping to ad to Rob's credibility. Ryan, I think you are a great guy and that you are very trusting, but are you going to tell me that Rob has had no access to a phone for the last 8 weeks? I do not believe that his reluctance to return my e-mails or phone calls is a coincidence. Nor do I believe the fact that this "new" amel gene looks just like the Whitewater amel gene is a coincidence. I mean think about it, look at the Coastal Amels and then look at this thing.

How long have you known Rob? Do you personally know anyone that you trust that knew Rob for any amount of time before this big find?

Ryan, I could be totally wrong, but my gut tells me I am not, and my gut is usually correct. I am by nature an open-minded skeptic. I am willing to entertain the notion that this snake was actually collected in the wild by Rob, and I actually did entertain it for some time. It is the actual evidence, along with obvious avoidance of me and others, in addition to his using mites as supporting evidence, that makes me doubt him. So while the story may be true, I cannot accept it as fact without something more. Until then, I will remain skeptical. No offence to you Ryan. You are a good guy and a loyal friend. I admire that!

Old 09-21-2005, 12:30 AM   #28
Chris@TSE
Yes, one could say loyal to a fault possibly.....

Old 09-21-2005, 03:05 AM   #29
Salton Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
Again, this is pure BS. Especially considering the messenger........

Who would take the word of someone who cannot even decipher the difference between a tick and a mite? Jeeeez....

Liking the guy does not make his claims legitimate, especially concerning you have little to no knowledge of the animal(s) whether you have seen them personally or not. How does that matter coming from you? Really?

Come on over, I'll show you something and give it a fancy story and name too.......
I guess this is mostly aimed at me.

Exactly where did I offer an opinion on whether or not the snake was indeed a wild caught animal and/or the true locality of the snake judging from my experience? The parasite on the snake was there, I asked him about, he gave me his answer. All this I related here in my previous post, but I never offered my opinion on whether or not this was a reason to believe him. All I did was say that he talked about the parasite beforehand to eliminate the obvious conclusion that he made this up just as an excuse to cover up a mite/tick problem.

I provided some insight on the guy's character judging from the one time I met him, I assumed some people here might be interested in any dealings other people might have had with him. Was I wrong in believing that? I also fail to see how my inexperience in certain matters of reptile husbandry makes my word suspect when describing my dealings with an individual. But in any case you basically told me that I expected my word to be taken as gospel, when I clearly stated that my opinion on this matter may not mean particularly anything to you.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:15 AM   #30
Chris@TSE
Quote:
I provided some insight on the guy's character judging from the one time I met him
I'm glad you did not meet bill leverton or a few others for that matter "one time".... Seems fishy that after meeting someone only once you can sit there and vouch so highly for someone... Oh well, to each thier own!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!