Mesozoic Reptiles Inquiry??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-31-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
kimberlyanne999
Question Mesozoic Reptiles Inquiry???

Hi
I was wondering if anyone has heard of this guy? His name is Clayton.
Located in Reseda, Ca?
Good or bad experiences?
He is Mr1 on Reptibid.
His website is WWW.MESOZOICREPTILES.COM

Thank you
Kimberly Biondolillo

Old 04-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #2
kimberlyanne999
nothing huh?

so is that good or bad that no one knows anything about this guy??

Old 04-01-2005, 04:08 PM   #3
Wilomn
I live VERY close by and no one I know has ever heard of them. The name clayton carlisle is who the site is registered to. Something is niggling the back of my mind but won't come out for me to take a closer look at.

There are a few guys out here who deal heavily in hybreds but a couple of them I wouldn't touch the animals of with a ten foot pole.

Be careful. If he has a facility that people can go to or if he's just starting out, I'd be happy to stop by and check it out for you, it's really close by.

I'd be very cautious, not that I KNOW anything at all, it's just a feeling and I may WELL be wrong.

Let me know if you get any further contact info or if you'd like me to check it out.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
kimberlyanne999
Red face

thanks wes! i have no idea if he has a facility or not.
i was interested in a baby bell albino leopard gecko. he is also local to me & agreed i could pick up to avoid paying shipping.

maybe you can suggest another local breeder instead.... (nothing fancy - just want an albino)

i trust your instinct & will stay away from this guy if you think i should... even just on a hunch!!!

what about mcgrath reptiles? have u heard anything about them?

Old 04-01-2005, 04:38 PM   #5
Wilomn
I'd be happy to meet you there and check it out with you if you want. I don't know anyone into leos out here and haven't heard much about Mcgrath either.

Perhaps KelliH or RobinS have something that would suit you. It would be worth the shipping to get the quality.

And, like I said, I can't put my finger on it and I am VERY bad with names, but something is nudging my hindbrain whenever I think of his name.

You might try Dan and Wendy at scales.com too, they're good and then there's that guy at topshelf, but he's napoleonic, so don't cross him.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #6
kimberlyanne999
lol - what is an napoleonic?

as far as shipping i just want to avoid it if possible. i have never purchased on the web, but im not totally against it, especially since i discovered this site.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #7
Wilomn
Napoleon was that little french guy with a REALLY bad short/bald guy complex and Chris, the owner of Topshelf, was recently accused of being the same way. It was a dig at him, and a backhanded compliment as the original insult was given by a guy who is braindead.

The three or four I recommended would all be great experiances for you.

Old 04-01-2005, 04:54 PM   #8
kimberlyanne999
i figured it had something to do with being short & grumpy.

do you know what is robyns website is? i think i have the rest. ill see who has what available....i guess it hard to justify paying more for shipping then the actual gecko! but i want a healthy animal...

thanks again wes!!

Old 04-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #9
Wilomn
www.r2reptiles.com

There ya go.

Old 04-01-2005, 05:36 PM   #10
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlyanne999
i guess it hard to justify paying more for shipping then the actual gecko! but i want a healthy animal...
Bingo!

Kimberly,

You will get what you pay for. In the end, if shipping is more than the gecko, the combination will still likely be less than the cost of feeding and housing it over its lifetime. And one trip to the vet will be more than the cost of shipping almost for certain.

I may not agree with Wes on some (many) things, but he's right about this.

(Wow, my keyboard didn't go up in flames or even spark up when I typed that. )

Not everyone who sells "online" is a bad guy. Not even most. I've had only one really bad online herp experience in all of my years. It's well documented here on the BOI. Maybe I have been blessed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!