BOI Banner - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:01 AM   #31
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by singingtothewheat View Post
Ok, first of all I want to say that I think this banner is great. I just have one concern. When I first came to the boi page I was not thinking about being a contributor. Is having the money thing up there first and foremost going to help or hurt? I'm questioning this. I mean times are tough. Darn tough. I'm not adding to my collection in any way at this point because of this. Please don't take offense. I'm just questioning.
How could it hurt?

Old 01-01-2010, 02:36 AM   #32
singingtothewheat
Like I said above. I think a lot of folks are in the same financial position I am in. I think that the guts of the forum should talk for it. That's how it worked for me. It made enough of an impression on me to make me want to find a way to support it.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:42 AM   #33
singingtothewheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps View Post
In an effort to help bring more participation and interest to the Discussion forums, I have designed this banners for anyone that would like to use it. Feel free to place it on your website in the appropriate places and just link them back this Discussion forum.
For those of us who are not real pro's at the html thing, could you please post those codes for us to use. Thanks, Kris

Old 01-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #34
crotalusadamanteus
Are you trying to put a banner on your web site, or in your sig line? Code for both seem to be posted above. If it's your sig line, then that's easiest to do from here. Just click USER CP from the upper portion of any page. Once there, look to the links on the left and select EDIT SIGNATURE. Paste the following into the provided text box...

[url=http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/payments.php][IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z112/TripleMoonsExotic/banners/485x60.jpg[/IMG ][/URL ]

At the end of the code you'll notice a space between the brackets after the IMG and URL....[/IMG ][/URL ] You need to remove those spaces from the code to make it work. They were placed there just so you could view the code. Remove them and you'll see the picture, now linking the pic to the proper location. You can Preview Signature before saving to make sure it worked.

Any problems, just holler.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #35
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by singingtothewheat View Post
Ok, first of all I want to say that I think this banner is great. I just have one concern. When I first came to the boi page I was not thinking about being a contributor. Is having the money thing up there first and foremost going to help or hurt? I'm questioning this. I mean times are tough. Darn tough. I'm not adding to my collection in any way at this point because of this. Please don't take offense. I'm just questioning.
Don't like it, don't use it. Pretty simple. The purpose of the creation of the banners was to encourage individuals to contribute so we don't lose the BOI. You do know the BOI is on the chopping block, right?

Old 01-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #36
singingtothewheat
chopping block

yes, actually I do know that. I guess I would be interested in seeing where attempts to save the boi stand.
I understand that it is hard to be on the receiving end of what is something very anti boi sentiment. I wasn't sharing any anti boi sentiment and I think when someone comes to you with a willingness to ask questions about what would serve the boi, thereby serving the whole hobby it would be great to at least think about it rather than saying ....
"Don't like it, don't use it. Pretty simple."
I mean man,,,, come on!

Could someone post some banners that maybe say things like boi supports reptile enthusiasts and is an excellent resource for keepers and breeders to prevent problems like misrepresentation, theft and lying shady dealings?

Old 01-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #37
singingtothewheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Are you trying to put a banner on your web site, or in your sig line? Code for both seem to be posted above. If it's your sig line, then that's easiest to do from here. Just click USER CP from the upper portion of any page. Once there, look to the links on the left and select EDIT SIGNATURE. Paste the following into the provided text box...

[url=http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/payments.php][IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z112/TripleMoonsExotic/banners/485x60.jpg[/IMG ][/URL ]

At the end of the code you'll notice a space between the brackets after the IMG and URL....[/IMG ][/URL ] You need to remove those spaces from the code to make it work. They were placed there just so you could view the code. Remove them and you'll see the picture, now linking the pic to the proper location. You can Preview Signature before saving to make sure it worked.

Any problems, just holler.
Thanks so much for your help. I'm gonna try this out. Actually I wanted to put a banner up as a signature on a couple different sites that I go to. I'll see if I can make it work. I'm not a total boner when it comes to computer stuff but real close.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #38
crotalusadamanteus
Most other sites would be exactly the same method.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #39
singingtothewheat
Ok, well I get my signature all set up on another page to put this in, I save it , I copy it, it wont paste. Really man, I see no code. How do I get the codes?

Old 01-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #40
singingtothewheat
GOT ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! Now If I could just get that code for all the banners it would be great great great!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
board of inquiry