Matthew @ Monster Cages-BAD GUY - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #91
GinoInDaBronx
Sure....

Sure matt. We believe you...this time. We also believed that you have never ever lied before. Care to refute the phoney reptile rescue charges? What is with the aliases? Those, and all of the fake business fronts. Who do you think that you are fooling? Seriously...

Gino 'In Da Bronx' Beniquez

Old 09-30-2006, 09:45 PM   #92
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
The cages were shipped and recieved also already.
That's great!
GuinnyOne, If you received your cages, how do like them?

Matt, the information came from the posts in the old BOI.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:50 PM   #93
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Matt, the information came from the posts in the old BOI.
Including the posts below-
Quote:
Bad guy Matt Martin(Very bad guy)
Author Subject: Bad guy Matt Martin(Very bad guy)
Tibor Posted At 19:22:23 10/04/2000 Avoid him or you will be sorry.
I replied to one of his ads and made a deal with him.
He was supposed to send me a female Emerald tree boa in exchange for my two Jungle
Carpet Pythons and $150 in money order. After receiving my snakes and money he
refused to answer my calls or emails. If I post a "Buyer Beware" ad I get an email from
him with "good try asshole" in the subject line. After posting the above mentioned ad I
received over forty emails from people who got ripped off by this guy.
Most of them never received the animals they paid for and some received dead animals.
He has four email addresses that I know of but when things get hot he comes up with a new one
His name again is MATT MARTIN from Winona MN
507-454-1860

Jeff Draesel, Jr. Re: Bad guy Matt Martin(Very bad guy) (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 23:17:32 01/11/2001 This Matt Martin is a criminal. He took me for over $2000 in snake at wholesale value. Of whi were 2 adult prs of Dumeril Boas, an adult pr. of Brazilian rainbows, and a adult pr of Berry Island boas. I have seen that he has sold many of my snakes he never paid for. Herpers be careful no in fact avaoid him at all costs. I have made the terrible decision of working with him now i am in touch with the Feds and I hope they can help me.
Thanks Jeff

Subject: Matt Martin (Very Bad Guy)
Jason Posted At 18:39:04 10/24/2000 Matthew Martin I found an add that Matt had on reptiles online for some dumerils boas, I asked him for pictures of the dumerils and he sent me one, only one problem the picture wasn't his, i asked Matt several times (we were online at the same time and sending emails back and forth) where the animals came from and he wouldn't give me a straight answer he kept saying he got
them in trade and that was all he would say, he responded saying this several times till he knew i figured out what he was up to, he had downloaded a
picture from someone else's site and was using it to sell his Dumerils, I know this because the gentleman whose site he download the picture form i have done business with, in April of this year i bought the last two remaining Dumerils from this gentleman who has the site Matt downloaded the pictures from, these two Dumerils i bought just happen to be the sibling and
father to the one in the picture Matt sent me claiming to be his, thats why I repeatedly asked him were this animal came from till he quite responding to me to my emails, I dont know if he is just using nice pictures of other peoples animals to sell his junk ones or if he is flat out trying to rip people off, he has three different email addresses i know of this one is the one he was using when i dealt with him (herpguy@hbci.com) he also uses (reptilerefuge@hotmail).com and this is the one he has been using ever since I posted him on the Blacklist (constrictor@hbci.com) so please be careful out there, and one word of advice be very careful about people who have Yahoo, Hotmail or Netscape address because when they apply for an email
address the companies do not verify any of the info given because these are free email address, and some dont evan ask for home address so they can have
several of these email address, and use them to get someone to send money then delete and disappear with your money and use an different one, also
always ask for references but be aware that they can also have several of these email address and when you ask for a referance it could be the same person trying to sell you the snakes claiming to be that persons referance. I am not trying to insult any ones intelligence by saying all of that a lot of
people know this but there is a lot of people who are new to the Internet that havnt relized this yet and i am just trying to help make them aware Thank you for taking the time to read this and Happy herping sincerely Jason

Brad Homer Re: Matt Martin (Very Bad Guy) (Currently 0 replies)
Posted At 16:18:31 02/11/2001 If you come across this guys name. RUN RUN RUN!!!! Also I would be very hesitant before I did any herp business with anyone from Winona,MN. This guy uses several different email address'. He ripped me off and he is listed on the old black list several times.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:16 PM   #94
Dennis Hultman
As I said, according to the old BOI archives.
Quote:
Caution, Matt Martin is ripping people off again(bad guy)
Author Subject: Caution, Matt Martin is ripping people off again(bad guy)
dave Posted At 10:52:35 03/17/2001 scales_and_more@user.kingsnake.com (Jesse Kanz)
His new email and his new AKA name... Hes a scam in a half. Hes been scamning for years. I seen dozens of people complaing about him just this year alone. He said he is soon moving so be carefull. He said he was moving to a different part of the city(Winona, MN).. He tryed getting me for $1000, but I was too smart and did my own background check. He did misrepresent himself and I contacted the police and his internet provider. If he has got to you before, call his police and get this guy in touble along with me before he makes off with other honest peoples money.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:29 PM   #95
Dennis Hultman
I know, They have all been ripped off by a different Matt Martin in the same city and state.
Quote:
Richard Ford Re: Matt Martin (Very Bad Guy)
Posted At 11:23:16 03/25/2001 Hello,
Well I am not new to the internet but had gotten use to quick and professional business from herpers on line for last 3 years .... EXCEPT jesse kanz aka mathew martin? the email he was using then was scales_and_more@user.kingsnake.com same person I have been told anyways he took me for 275.00 on an ad on bmreptiles.com by the way they are a good site have never had trouble there before.
Thanks

Old 10-01-2006, 01:27 AM   #96
Dennis Hultman
I did make a couple of mistakes after reading the posts again. I believe I attributed one email to you that didn't belong, according to the posts.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:29 AM   #97
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
I did make a couple of mistakes after reading the posts again. I believe I attributed one email to you that didn't belong, according to the posts.
*Email address

Old 10-01-2006, 06:36 AM   #98
crotalusadamanteus
So how'd the cages turn out Kelly? Are they arrived in good shape like Matt claims? Is everything square now?

Shame it had to come down to all this just to get what was promised in the first place, but I think it's safe to say with so many bad guy posts, in just a few years time, I don't think Matt will be doing this for much longer.

Rick

Old 10-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #99
GuinnyOne
Recieved the cages last Tuesday. As far as the outside of them goes, all is in decent shape. I have NOT opened up the cages yet as I just got back into town and online. So when I get all the cages moved inside and really start getting into them, I'll let everyone know what I think of Matt's craftmanship. Although, as I stand looking in the garage from time to time, I cannot figure out how I am staring at $4000 sitting there. Ah well, lesson learned....never again. Kelly

Old 10-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #100
GuinnyOne
heat tape?

Well, I just started getting into the cages and moving stuff around the house to get them moved in and the animals set up properly.

But it appears that there is NO heat tape...which I paid to have added to EVERY cage. I have found the cords for the incandescent and florescent fixtures....nothing in, below, or coming from the cages that would make me think that there is any heat tape at all. So a couple of the cages have florescent lights ONLY...which means I am going to have some very cold snakes now that winter is here!!!!

Matt, please respond to this forum promptly...I'll be adding up the total that I paid for the heat tape to be added and asking for a refund in that amount.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!