Matthew @ Monster Cages-BAD GUY - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:24 PM   #11
GuinnyOne
Don't have an e-mail for the time-frame because that was part of our original and only phone conversation. Although several months ago, I checked his website and it said the average time for an order to be completed was 4-6 weeks. I'm sure that the website has been changed by now, but maybe not.

Here are the e-mails (I'll have to cut and paste because I'm not sure how to work all the coding on here)

The original e-mail for shipping costs:

Quote:
It is hard to say depends on how it all fits on the skid or two
600-800 i bet

www.monster-cages.com

Your source for YOUR strongest cages customized just for you.

507-474-0172 Home
507-313-3734 Cell
507-474-4253 Shop

Thanks Matthew
Monster Cages
----- Original Message -----
To: Monster Cages
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: new price of order

Do you have any thoughts at all on how much shipping will be for all these? And I got that card today, so I have to go activate and send the money. Kelly
And here is the more recent e-mail sent August 8th:
Quote:
well I am not going to pay the shipping only keeping back one cage sorry I have a quote coming and it is up there
I can probably get it on two skids if I pushed it here is one quote

u can go to www.freightquote.com that is where the quotes come from
now would be less if you had loading dock to ship to but that is what I got

Carrier Name Est. Business
Days in Transit Cost-savings
Options Total Charges
Door-to-Door Make
Selection
Roadway Express 5 View options $1,184.81 Select
USF Holland 6+ N/A $1,274.10 Select

Thanks
Matthew
Monster Cages - your source for the toughest plastic caging around, custom made for you, no standard cages here.

507-474-0172
507-313-3734 Cell

I'm still trying to find the e-mail where he said that he gets a discount through his shipping company. I'll post that when I find it.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #12
Griz
Hence the reason why Boaphile is the ONLY way I will go. Jeff has ALWAYS stood by his committments to me and I will not go any other route.

What a shame to see another individual (Matt) put his word on the back burner.

Griz

Old 08-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #13
SPJ
SUE HIM.

Sue for the original $6,000 plus attorney fees, court costs, and for aggravation.

Screwing people over for cages is a real sore spot with me. Jeremy Bednarsh and his con man father bought out Neodesha a few years back. Ran the new company into the ground and screwed a lot of us that placed very expensive orders.

Take him to court and nail this guys ass to the wall. Go after any assets he has, get his wages attached, anything.

Make sure he gets the message that pulling a stunt like this has serious repercussions.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #14
Dennis Hultman
Matt, I don’t understand the problem. Here you have a customer that has a six thousand-dollar order with you and your holding up the order over a $400 under estimate on shipping costs on your part. I don’t see why you would want to turn a potential excellent reference and customer into a liability.

User names for Matt on Fauna-
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=13078
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...php?userid=480
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/member.php?u=866

Previous threads-
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=60464
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=29521
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=3385
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hread.php?t=22
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=2892

A Fauna Classic-
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=2935

Old 08-25-2006, 02:40 PM   #15
Junkyard
If you would, post where he said that there will now be a charge for storing the cages. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of since you have already sent him his money and it is his lack of speed that he has the cages around. He could have shipped the cages out one at a time as soon as they were finished or built the cages months ago and shipped them out back then. It is his fault for that mess, do not let him charge you for that!! In court the judge would be laughing hysterically at him as the gavel fell against him.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:41 PM   #16
GuinnyOne
On April 12th, a full 4 months after he recieved payment in full, I e-mailed and told him that I didn't need all the cages because I would be going through a divorce. He told me I couldn't have a refund at all. Then, from what he said, he proceeded to load all the finished cages on a truck to send to his buddy to sell....but Matt did this without telling me. The last word I heard from him at that point was that any refund would not happen. So then I told him to send me all but a couple of cages to pay for shipping. And he wouldn't do that. So we have spent the last 5 months with him telling me that I had no options. He wrote to me that it was "all or none" but then would not send me a refund in full and that he was going to charge a 20% restocking fee. And his buddy would "sell" the cages for whatever he could get for them and I would get a percentage of that sale.

So I would have taken a refund, but he wasn't going to give me a refund in full.

Here is an e-mail that he sent with regards to the time and any refunding:

Quote:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:48:52 -0500

sorry that is not how it works and it was also indicated that the plastic was back ordered so that set things behind by two weeks you had also told us to take our time being you had to redo your flooring also. iBeing things have been layed up and almost completed with the 8s being layed up and just have to weld, doors and hardware we can't refund any of it considering things have been altered and it is a custom order and won't be able to resell these very easily and in order to would have to sell for less in order to move them out.

Thanks
Matthew
Monster Cages
www.monster-cages.com

507-474-0172
507-313-3734 Cell
I wish I could just put all the e-mails in a word document, but it would easily be 50 pages long.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:48 PM   #17
GuinnyOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
If you would, post where he said that there will now be a charge for storing the cages. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of since you have already sent him his money and it is his lack of speed that he has the cages around. He could have shipped the cages out one at a time as soon as they were finished or built the cages months ago and shipped them out back then. It is his fault for that mess, do not let him charge you for that!! In court the judge would be laughing hysterically at him as the gavel fell against him.
This is the first reference to storage fees:

Quote:
Monster Cages" <martin01@hbci.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "KAJ" <guinnyone@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: pics
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 04:57:56 -0500

if you check things out also on the terms page there has been a storage fee also unless we can figure something out

www.monster-cages.com

Thanks
Matthew
Monster Cages - your source for the toughest plastic caging around, custom made for you, no standard cages here.

507-474-0172

Old 08-25-2006, 02:49 PM   #18
Dennis Hultman
Um Kelly,
You didn’t mention that you tried to get out of your deal before. You committed and owe for shipping. It would seem you changed the original deal four months afterwards. Why didn’t you mention this? Did you state you were not willing to pay for any shipping charges?

Quote:
On April 12th, a full 4 months after he recieved payment in full, I e-mailed and told him that I didn't need all the cages because I would be going through a divorce. He told me I couldn't have a refund at all. Then, from what he said, he proceeded to load all the finished cages on a truck to send to his buddy to sell....but Matt did this without telling me. The last word I heard from him at that point was that any refund would not happen. So then I told him to send me all but a couple of cages to pay for shipping. And he wouldn't do that. So we have spent the last 5 months with him telling me that I had no options. He wrote to me that it was "all or none" but then would not send me a refund in full and that he was going to charge a 20% restocking fee. And his buddy would "sell" the cages for whatever he could get for them and I would get a percentage of that sale.

So I would have taken a refund, but he wasn't going to give me a refund in full.

Here is an e-mail that he sent with regards to the time and any refunding:

Old 08-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #19
GuinnyOne
Matt asked me to clarify to everyone that while the cages were paid in full, the shipping on these cages was not supposed to be paid until the cages were completed. So there was no additional money sent for shipping. After 4 months though, and the cages were only partially done, I already felt like I'd been screwed and did not feel the need to send additional money. Thus, having him hold back a couple of the cages in order to cover shipping costs.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #20
GuinnyOne
Dennis, the reason behind this was because he had stated on the phone to me that it would take 6-8 weeks. 4 months later, I did feel that I had been ripped off and was not in any way comfortable sending more money. However, the money for shipping was supposed to be sent when the cages were completed. And at this very moment, the cages are still not completed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!