Dont Deal With Brandin Oliver In Tucson Arizona!!!!!!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:00 PM   #1
dmasio
Dont Deal With Brandin Oliver In Tucson Arizona!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT NOT NOT deal with Brandin Oliver in his address is 11005 W. Anthony Tucson Arizona 85743 his phone number is 520-440-4906. I traded this guy 2 female blood pythons which got to him still alive, I called him and he said they were fine. So he then tells me hes sending out my GTP I was getting from him I wait 2 days and get ahold of him he tells me that the package is lost by UPS anyway I get the package and well you can see for yourselves the picture speaks for itself@@ Ive called him and emailed him but the little prick bastard isnt returning my calls or emailing me back to make it right. I even emailed him and asked him after he told me the snake was lost "Is it going to be OK you think?" Oh yea it will be fine, he said. So 2 points to this story DONT DEAL WITH THIS DICKHEAD!!!!! And dont ship thru UPS. Later Damian
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2004, 11:16 PM   #2
cka
Sounds like the shipping company (UPS) is at fault, not Brandon...Did you two agree to which ever shipping company you were both going to use?...Shipping errors fall under the "Sh@t happens" clause, and he can't control that...Not trying to pick sides, and if Brandon is a stand up guy he can try to work something out, but I really can't see where he is a bad guy...UPS has always worked with me, and they've always wanted my business enough to wink at me when they took my packages...Not saying it's right, either, but i've never lost a snake because of UPS...Good luck and try a more rational approach then blowing up....Take a breather, bud; I would be upset, too, and then approach him a little more camly (lol) and see what you guys (as adults) can work out...Peace and just my opinion

Old 07-22-2004, 11:19 PM   #3
dmasio
The point is if he was a stand up guy he would quit dodging my calls and rrespond to my calls or emails. Granted it was UPS' fault but he still should make right by it whether its half of the trade in cash or my snakes back either or.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:33 PM   #4
cka
If he is ducking you then yes, definately not the way to handle it...Green tree boa for two blood pythons...sounds like a good trade...straight up $ figure you were definately making a good trade...tough to say what would be fair...You have to admit he (technically) doesnt owe you anything, but JMHO something can always be worked out that, if not totally satisfying, at least cushions the blow a bit....goood luck to both of y'all...

Old 07-22-2004, 11:53 PM   #5
Suncoast Herpetological
Chris

I disagree that shipping errors fall into the "sh!t" happens category without exception. That would only be applicable if it was agreed on by both parties that they were not responsible for shipping carrier errors. It is 100% a matter of what was agreed on.

We still have not heard the shipping particulars. Was the animal properly packed? Was it sent Next Day? I have shipped well over a thousand packages over the years and have had a total of one simply lost. Quite often there is more to the story. The details would be useful to hear.

Personally, I guarantee all of my animals to arrive safely unconditionally provided someone is there to sign for the animal. The possibility of an occasional expense having to be eaten because of a carrier error is simply a cost of doing business. I think you will find that a very large percentage of the reputable breeders out there do the same.

Bottom line, I consider the animal to be mine until it is safely delivered. I will not purchase from anyone who does not guarantee the same and have passed on several deals where it becanme an issue.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:59 PM   #6
cka
Good point, John...There are factors involved in the entire shipping process that due weigh in and are to be considered....But Damion had written that it had gotten lost in transit by UPS...That was my basis on the "Sh@t happens" clause...It does happen, packages do get lost by shipping companies irregardless of the service used, and it is just not something you as a shipper can control...How you go about dealing with your (understandably so) upset customer is another story....

Old 07-23-2004, 12:05 PM   #7
dmasio
Granted it was UPS' fault for losing the package. But the point is he should still try to make some kind of gesture like returning my calls or my emials.

Old 07-23-2004, 02:06 PM   #8
David Bellis
I completely agree with John, the snakes are still yours until they're safely in the buyers hands. If the bloods Damian sent got lost, and showed up dead, do you think this Brandin person would have sent out the snake? Although not the shippers fault per se, I'd say it's his duty to either return the bloods or provide a new GTP.

Old 07-23-2004, 03:01 PM   #9
Vince
didnt know it became legal to ship snakes via ups

Old 07-23-2004, 03:12 PM   #10
DThomas
Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
didnt know it became legal to ship snakes via ups
How many times do we need to go over this? It has NEVER been illegal to ship harmless snakes through any of the over night carriers. It has only been against their policy.

There is a big difference between policy and law.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!