Mangrove water snake care - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
Showbird72
Mangrove water snake care

Anyone have any experience caring for mangrove water snakes?

Old 02-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
Katiashinkle
I have one that I've been caring for for a few years now. I realize this is an old post, but if you still have unanswered questions I'd be happy to share how I take care of mine!

Old 02-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #3
Showbird72
I got myself a pair of hatchlings from last summer and love them.
Mine are doing well but YES I’d love to hear what you got

Old 02-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #4
Katiashinkle
Oh, fun! Are yours a 1.1 pair? What'd you name them?

My guy is named Clark, I don't know his age as I adopted him from an animal shelter that thought he was a corn snake. I currently keep him in a snake rack, he has a nice big bowl of water in his tub but spends most of his time outside of it. I feed him live minnows, fish-scented mice, and bits of tilapia filets when I don't have the time to go get him live feeders. He is easily the most docile snake I own.

Have you ever seen yours lingual lure while feeding? My guy does it every now and then. Here's a pic of him...
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
Showbird72
Oh nice! He’s a beauty. Yea mines a 1.1 Pair. The males black, females red. No I haven’t seen it yet. There still pretty small and fast bc there young so don’t really stress them to much.
Mine are in a rack-like tub as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!