Help With A Scorpion - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
heebie.jeebies
Question Help With A Scorpion

(I hope I posted this in the right place)

Hey guys,

My boyfriend went to Lancaster yesterday and brought back three emperor scorpions for someone. When they picked them up today, they decided they only wanted two. Now I'm stuck with one that I don't know how to care for - AT ALL. No experience whatsoever!

Please do not advise me to give away this animal, or sell it. I need to provide proper care for it asap.

I have a poison dart frog setup that isn't being used, but I still keep it up and running even though there are no frogs in it. Any chance I can put him in that?

What do I feed it? Lighting? Humidity? Temperature? Any advice regarding care would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks~!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
pgwdragons
Emperor Scorpions are very easy and hardy animals to care for. As for substrate, use peat moss, as its cheap, easy to clean, and holds humidity very well. Mist the cage about twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, is what i do with all my adults and babies. Feed it a couple of crickets every other day or so. As for watering it, you can either use a water gel... or something as simple as water in a dish with a small sponge in it. Make one side of the cage fairly warm... 80-85 degrees, you can acheive this by using a heating pad, provide a hiding spot for it on the warm side, and thats really about it, They make fun and interesting pets. Good luck!

Old 09-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
heebie.jeebies
Thanks, man. Actually, I sold the two to the guy already, and literally one hour later he called me up and said one of them was dead. It was fine when I gave it to him. Is this abnormal considering the animal wasn't in its proper habitat for several hours? The other one apparently is just fine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!