10 Minute Sunbutter Fudge - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
aleria
10 Minute Sunbutter Fudge

For people with food allergies I know sometimes it can be tough to miss out on some of the best meals and snacks. This was something I threw together for fun last night using Sunbutter(sunflower seed butter) as a replacement for peanut butter. You can find sunbutter at most grocery stores with the peanut and other nut butters.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a terrible cook. So when I find a recipe that not only takes barely 10 minutes to complete(including prep), and can't possibly be screwed up, I can't turn it down.

It turned out great, tastes exactly like any peanut butter fudge I've ever had, and would be great for those with peanut allergies. I don't personally have this issue, but I think it was delicious none the less.

Yield:

1 8x8 pan

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sunbutter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar

Directions:

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk.
Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat.
Stir in sunbutter and vanilla until melted.
Pour over powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Beat until smooth and pour into an 8x8 inch dish.
Chill until firm, cut into squares and enjoy

Alternative:
Add melted chocolate chips once it's spread into the 8x8 dish prior to chilling and have a Reese's like snack.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!