venus fly traps - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora General Discussions

Notices

Flora General Discussions This will cover anything and everything you all wish to discuss about plants.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:47 PM   #1
hediki
venus fly traps

how do you care for a venus fly trap? wat are the requirment?

Old 04-27-2005, 05:22 AM   #2
DAND
Their medium must be on the damp side, well lit (natural sun is the best-but will cause the medium to dry quicker) and bugs for it to eat.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:51 PM   #3
MorphTiles
the venus flys you get at the store all come from splicings from one species, they are useally root bound and in no shape to live. Find a breeder and you will be much happier!

A friend of mine is a breeder of all types of carniverious plants some are amazing!

Old 05-06-2005, 04:31 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
Breeder

I have quite an extensive plant collection and many of them came from these guys.

http://www.equilibriocarnivorousplants.com/index2.htm

I have several varieties of venus fly traps and several pitcher plants and all are thriving. I highly recommend them.

Old 05-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
mike1124
WhOa Now I am considering buying one I have always been fasinated by them didnt really think of a place to buy them at and now thanks to the ad(furrylildevils)i will consider buying one thankz

Old 05-06-2005, 05:45 PM   #6
Rebel Dragons
No problem

I love mine.

And the varieties you can get are out of this world. I honestly consider my plants pets!!! I feed them, water them, buy them new houses, all the same stuff I do for my dragons.

Old 05-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #7
MorphTiles
carniverious plants can be amazing!

check out the Pitcher Plants,

I am thinking about working with my friend Phil who raises only Carniverious plants and has created many new morphs of them himself to sell some of them through MorphTiles.com

Old 05-06-2005, 06:00 PM   #8
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphTiles
carniverious plants can be amazing!

check out the Pitcher Plants,

I am thinking about working with my friend Phil who raises only Carniverious plants and has created many new morphs of them himself to sell some of them through MorphTiles.com
I have added that site to my favorites and will have to check from time to time!!!

Thanks

Old 05-16-2005, 10:33 PM   #9
gatorbabies
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphTiles
the venus flys you get at the store all come from splicings from one species, they are useally root bound and in no shape to live. Find a breeder and you will be much happier!

A friend of mine is a breeder of all types of carniverious plants some are amazing!

I got my fly traps from a store. I did get them early in the year. And they are doing every well.

I know the longer they stay in the store, the unhappier they will be. The store doesn't give them any water or sunlight.

Dorothy

Old 10-17-2005, 03:24 PM   #10
gatorbabies
flytraps

Do I have to let my flytraps go dormant?

Can I get a plant light and let them grow all winter long?

Dorothy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!