Mean by nature or what! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #1
dragonchick88
Question Mean by nature or what!

EVERY CHAMELEON I SEE IS REALLY MEAN! They open their mouths and try to bite and everything! I plan to get one some day but all this opened mouth and tryign to bite stuff is starting to make me not want one PERIOD! Is it just the one I have seen or r they naturally just n a pissy mood 24/7?

Old 08-10-2006, 11:54 PM   #2
LauraB
I wouldn't call them mean, but they definitely are solitary, mostly anti-social creatures. They can learn to trust and tolerate us, but really just prefer to be left alone. They're a kind of look-but-don't-touch reptile. Mine all hiss and gape and one of my Panthers is downright mean....he'll draw blood every time.
Obviously, with their attitudes, demanding husbandry and expense they're not for everybody.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #3
dragonchick88
lol tahnx for the advice, I kinda am leaning towrds not getting one cause they r alittle more epensive than our beardies, plus I know they have to be misted very once in a while and I am not home 24/7 to make sure of that. They just look cool though and thats what draws me into them!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!