Hi all! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
mark97r1
Hi all!

Hi guys,

Just thought i would introduce myself. my name is Mark. I kept a female veiled cham a few years ago and was also breeding bearded dragons and leopard gecko's at the time so not completly new to this. Though feel i need a lot of brushing up before buying an animal.

My life has settled down a little and i feel this is the best time to return to this great hobby.
I am wanting to get another cham, thinking of veiled or panther. Just thinking about the setup at the moment really.
i am aware that people really reccomend mesh cages. I am interested to hear if this view is shared by the English/Europeon people using this site (Or americans from the colder states for that matter!)? As i am a little concerned about maintaining temps during the colder months of the year.

I am thinking of building a wooden viv, with some mesh panels, maybe half and half. i am hoping this will be a comprimise and aid with a little insulation. Good idea? Which mesh i best? i know cloth is preferred, but may not be possible doing it my self. steel/plastic coated?
I am thinking 24x24 48H. Though will be housing the cham in something temp and smaller untill its bigger.
i will be using an auto mister as i keep dart frogs and the cham will be in the same room, so its very easy/cheap to add an extra couple of nozzles. Although this means i cant use the water to supplement. As the mister runs on RO water. though i was thinking of incorparating a dripper also that i can supplement. This sound Ok? RO water ok?

Also to the British folk on here, what online stores do you favour? Do you know any vets that you would reccomend with chams? (I am in the yorkshire area, but can travel.). Any places that you would buy an animal from also appreciated.

Thanks alot for any and all help, and apolagies for the long post.
Mark

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!