Server move 08/26/2017! Followup on problems. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Server move 08/26/2017! Followup on problems.

In case some of you missed the general announcement I posted earlier today.

At midnight, I will be disabling access to this site so nothing gets lost in the transition. There would be a period, otherwise, where posts were being made here AFTER the site files had been copied over to the new server, and of course those posts would be lost once the site on the new server becomes active. So to prevent that from happening, I have to close down this site BEFORE the file copies can begin.

AGAIN, AT MIDNIGHT THIS SITE WILL BE CLOSED, AND REMAIN SO DURING THE MIGRATION TO THE NEW SERVER.

If you are in the process of creating a post, new thread, private email, etc. when I close down the site, they will all be lost. Sorry, there is no cleaner method of doing this. Saturday night is probable the best, however, as the weekend seems to be the slowest time around here.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
Beyond GenetiX
See you in the new server, I hope.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:25 PM   #3
Dyscophus antongilii
Thanks for all you do Webslave. As Jet76 said, see you on/in the new server, I hope.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:01 PM   #4
WebSlave
Thanks. I'm hoping this will go smoothly. The server guys at the new data center I am working with seem to be very competent. When they moved my secondary server over, it went so quickly and smoothly that at first I didn't believe they had actually done the migration. And not even the slightest hiccup during nor afterwards.

With any luck they will be done before I hit the hay tonight so I can switch this site back on. But if not, well, I will try to get up early to check on it. IF I remember, of course.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:48 PM   #5
DLenaRuth999s
Thanks for all you do for us. I love it here!

Old 08-27-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
WebSlave
Well hmm.... I made a post right after opening the site back up, and now it is gone. Wonder if anyone else lost anything? Apparently the server guys had to reload something, I guess. Hope this is the end of that, as I can't be having people losing posts they have made. That was the entire reason I shut the site down for the migration.

Anyway, what I originally wrote was that after the move, it appeared that quite a few people did have access to the site, but I sure didn't. I had to do a bunch of stuff with my PC and network to finally gain access to this site. Actually thinking of it, I believe the server guys had to have reloaded the database at least twice after they told me it was clear to reopen the forum. When I found that my programmer had access to the site, I asked him to reopen it for me, and he said he did that. However when I was able to gain access, it was still closed. So my guess is that the server guys reloaded the database AFTER Sinan had opened the site and before I gained access and found it to be closed. And then again, at least one more time, when I just checked in now and found my previous post in this thread gone.

Well, I think I've got at least another half dozen Excedrin's left until I can get out to restock.

Not hard to see why I really hate doing server moves, now is it?

Old 08-27-2017, 09:34 PM   #7
Dyscophus antongilii
Webslave, thanks for all you do for us. I love the way you love this forum. It is a great place. I hope the Excedrin's helped your migraines.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:12 AM   #8
Fatalis
Glad the site is back up! I just wanted to mention here that if you try to access the site by going to faunaclassifieds.com it will tell you the site is down, but if you go to faunaclassifieds.com/forums it works (at least for me).

Old 08-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #9
DLenaRuth999s
Let me try that

Old 08-28-2017, 09:50 AM   #10
DLenaRuth999s
Try it again because faunaclassified.com just worked for me. (I minimized this browser window, opened a new one, and got right to the site by typing it in, instead of just hitting my icon.)
I don't know if it matters, but I'm on my iPhone

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!