Broken Link? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
John E Dove
Broken Link?

I just spotted one of the side ads that appear to the right of the screen for Reptile Racks new Ultra Series and clicked on the pic which brought up an unable to connect message. Ran the diagnostic learned there was nothing wrong with my connection which led me to believe the link itself might be broken.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
Tiger Lilly
I was going to check it out, but can't find the ad; what page was it on?

Old 02-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
John E Dove
I have not seen it pop up again since I posted. I was going to try it again myself. I believe the ads rotate randomly so it could appear anywhere but it will be one of the pictures to the right of your screen showing various gray colored enclosures on a black background.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
John E Dove
Okay it just popped up again on http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php
The best description I can give is as follows;
On a black background
“Repti – Racks
New
Ultra Series

Pic of a single enclosure
Pic of 4 enclosures

Repti-racks.com

Pic of a large single enclosure
Pic of an arboreal enclosure

Black Ultra
Now Available”

When I click on it I get;
"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view."

Don't know if this is helpful or not but there it is.
Thus far I have not had any problems with any of the other links leading from this site this evening which leads me to believe it is specifically that link.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
WebSlave
If this is an ad that someone placed using my FaunaAds site, then they quite likely made a mistake when they keyed in the URL for their ad. This is something they will need to fix if they want their ad to show up properly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!