Bad Guy Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #21
Willow
no=know....good gravy ><

Old 07-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #22
Willow
no, if a ball stops eating it is not the sellers fault. You explained yourself, and it seems reasonable. You really should be more clear to your customers in the first place to avoid confusion.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #23
Willow
reasonable as in I can understand what you are saying now. A ball python eating once a month, is still eating. Someone who has owned them for 5 years should know that.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #24
ballchick90
Samantha, can you tell us how it's possible that this snake gained 1,000 grams on a few meals of small rats? I for one am very interested in knowing your secret...and why you keep avoiding this question.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #25
A&S Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
I'd like to say I know no one involved in this, nor have I bought from anyone that has posted here...even tho I am in AZ...I am totally unbias to this. The way you handled yourself in those texts leaves much to be desired, and your suggested solution to one of your customers who was asking for help, is pretty distasteful as well = /
How so? I gave him a list of things to try and he called it "bombing his setup". I moved homes and she took them all in a row. Stupid things like that get a ball eating. And your last comment will be taken to heart. I will make sure to be more specific in my wording. I wish I had not forgotten his feed card for her. This probably would not have been a problem if I did. Yes a feeding snake but not a good one. Would you want a snake that eats once a month? No, so she's not a feeding snake.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #26
Willow
I am also wondering why the meal size was contradicted in your texts

First you say the snake will only eat small rats, then you say it gained weight because of a few big meals.

The issue at hand here seems to be that you are just not coming off as an honest person. It is VERY confusing

Old 07-16-2012, 05:40 AM   #27
Brandy Pecanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles View Post
Excuse me Daniel but you haven't talked to me about 5 months besides when you asked what the girl was eating. The butter is eating just fine on her own. Hence my ad saying slamming rats. I'd take a video of her eating but honestly? Not worth my time. You are the only disgruntled customer I have ever had. Everyone else is happy.

Willow I have owned ball pythons for 5 years now. No I am not new. The snake would have suffered more in my care not having access to mice or asf. So I should have kept her and hoped for the best? 1) Tons of people sell problem feeders.

Brandy, I don't really care if you are a stay at home mommy or not. Good for you, do not tell me how I should live my life or care for my animals as plenty of people have seen my snakes. 2) So you can just stop commenting now as this has NOTHING to do with you or Tom unless you guys talked Daniel into posting this. Since you guys are friends and all.

3) CJ Hall, Pedro Soto, David Graf, Ceribdis Cree, Tiffany Haas and Amanda Lynn Snyder are a few happy customers of mine. Ask any of them. And I keep in touch with about half of them, which are the local people. Even get happy updates and such. Besides this, 4) I'm doing just fine with my snakes and nobody has the right to tell me I should get out of them and "give them better homes".
Wow, do you think you run this site and what I can and can't do? You made fun of me and my stuff, you can't take criticism from me now? I was just suggesting what you may need to do to make stuff right in your life. Good luck in it!

In bold:

1) NO THEY DON'T! And, if they do, they probably disclose that right away, and make it clear, or they get a post like this on the BOI. Hope your thick skull finally learned something. Or, maybe you are just 18 barely and still trying to learn?

2) Daniel and Tom were not friends, until he saw you bad mouthing Tom on Facebook, then the poor guy reaches out to Tom "like hey man, this is funny, they are bad mouthing you and I gotta great Dumerils Boa from you, and the one bad mouthing I have a non feeding snake from, lol." FYI.. Since you know everything, we thought you knew that. Tom offered to fix this issue for them on impact, what have you offered besides ?

3) I'm so sure that these people will love being associated with you! Tom absolutely did not want to disclose the Miller family. Fauna gave him 3rd party infraction points, and he felt he had to after that. I don't think that was right. But, had to be done.

4) This is a crazy comment, I swear I just watched a 'crazy cat lady' episode on the show "Hoarders" where the lady was screaming the same thing. Sometimes it takes an intervention like this..........

Old 07-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #28
A&S Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballchick90 View Post
Samantha, can you tell us how it's possible that this snake gained 1,000 grams on a few meals of small rats? I for one am very interested in knowing your secret...and why you keep avoiding this question.
Honestly, I do not have a single clue. I got her at 2000 grams as a virgin, the first month she did not have a single meal and lost close to 1000 grams over time. She started taking meals and gained it back. I can not tell you how or why but she did. I can't tell you how my female black back gained 900 grams in 5 months after laying a clutch. Maybe because she was already of that size and it was easy for her to gain it back. I'm sure if googled something like this will pop up. I understand it's alot of weight and I was sure as heck baffled at this as well. But she was 2000 grams when he bought her.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:43 AM   #29
Willow
Quote:
How so? I gave him a list of things to try and he called it "bombing his setup". I moved homes and she took them all in a row. Stupid things like that get a ball eating. And your last comment will be taken to heart. I will make sure to be more specific in my wording. I wish I had not forgotten his feed card for her. This probably would not have been a problem if I did. Yes a feeding snake but not a good one. Would you want a snake that eats once a month? No, so she's not a feeding snake.
your attitude in the texts left a lot to be desired. You had a worried, confused customer asking for help, and you gave attitude, then decided you were just done with them. Someone who has gotten a snake from you and hasn't gotten it to eat since it left your care is going to be a little shaken up by the experience. Next time I suggest being a little more gentle with them to avoid creating a bad situation.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:45 AM   #30
Willow
Quote:
Honestly, I do not have a single clue. I got her at 2000 grams as a virgin, the first month she did not have a single meal and lost close to 1000 grams over time. She started taking meals and gained it back. I can not tell you how or why but she did. I can't tell you how my female black back gained 900 grams in 5 months after laying a clutch. Maybe because she was already of that size and it was easy for her to gain it back. I'm sure if googled something like this will pop up. I understand it's alot of weight and I was sure as heck baffled at this as well. But she was 2000 grams when he bought her.
this worries me as well...a snake looses 50% of its body weight in what....a month? two months at the most? (need to account for the time it took to gain it back...you only had her 6 months)

Why on earth did you not take this animal to the vet? nor disclose such a dramatic weight loss and increase!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!