'09 female snow corn snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
kandicke
'09 female snow corn snake

We have a 2009 female (not verified) snow corn snake up for sale. we picked her up at a trade sale last year. Great eater on f/t, pretty calm for a yearling. Het unknown!

$40 plus shipping via Reptiles Express once they're fully operational July 19th.

Feel free to make offer.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
fmaster7
How did you find out if it was a female? Tail sexing?

Old 07-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
kandicke
I bought it as a female from the breeder at a trade show, but I've had them make mistakes before....even our reptile vet mis-sexed one for us last year. She's too old to pop and too young to safely probe in my opinion, so I'm assuming the seller was correct. Her tail tapers right at the opening, but I'm not sure how reliable that method is?
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
fmaster7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandicke View Post
I bought it as a female from the breeder at a trade show, but I've had them make mistakes before....even our reptile vet mis-sexed one for us last year. She's too old to pop and too young to safely probe in my opinion, so I'm assuming the seller was correct. Her tail tapers right at the opening, but I'm not sure how reliable that method is?
I think its pretty good for the people that know what there doing haha. I'm not really good at things like that but in my opinion...you probe it, tell the sex, SOLD

Old 07-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
kandicke
I'm sorry.....I won't probe a snake that's not at least 1.5 years old. I'm just not comfortable doing it due to my inexperience with the technique. I had a rep vet examine and probe a gorgeous healthy male one year old last year who then died on me one week later. Then again, it's that same vet who told me our female was a male, who also is the one who said it's not safe to probe snakes younger than 18 months....after he probed my yearling. Wish we had another rep vet nearby!

Thank you anyway, and I'm sorry I'm too hesitant to probe her. I'd be willing violate her privacy and post a pic of her tail region though. The opening is in the exact location of our snakes who I am certain are female (came from very well known breeders who guarantee their sexing).
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
fmaster7
If I were you i'd get a new vet ahaha. Sorry to hear that about your snakes that died. And i'm actually more interested in the okeetee amel on the other thread

Old 07-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
kandicke
Am willing to probe her to verify if somebody really needs a female.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #8
kandicke
bump! 60 shipped!!!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!