New forum??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Chris Kennard
New forum???

Just wondering. I don't know the appropriate place to put it. I wouldn't mind seeing a forum dedicated to, and perhaps restricted to recent threads regarding good guy/bad guy posts. Maybe break it up into two sub forums. An up-dated "heads up" so to speak on who to watch out for, and who to feel comfy with. Maybe break it up into stats regarding facts, photos, etc, devoid of personal squabbles and opinions. No opinions allowed. Just the facts. Can't prove it? Don't post it, so to speak. Cut out the personal squabbles and alert the viewers in a way they can objectively make a decision based on facts without the personal vendettas. A toughy, I know. But it cuts out the popular majority that sometimes intimidates those who miight refrain from posting here for fear that they will be persecuted even when they are right. JMO.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
AGoodwin
This would be quite hard as in some cases it is a matter of opinion. I feel that being as the BOI is a free resource here that if you want to utilize it, you need to be willing to do little reading.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #3
WebSlave
It's been proposed many times over the years, and the reasons why that scenario won't work has been explained over and over again. Sorry, but I am not going to give my explanation yet again. But I'm sure there are several threads about this here in the Feedback forum, and quite likely even in the BOI too.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:28 PM   #4
spinytail
Chris, the part "Cut out the personal squabbles" might delete over half of your posts. I find it odd you are the one requesting this.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:44 AM   #5
LauraB
There is such a forum. It is the Board of Inquiry.

It ain't broke. Don't go to lengths to "fix" something that works fine, if contributors just stick to facts to begin with and do not derail with endless "squabbles" and opinions that contribute nothing.

If a

Old 02-01-2016, 04:44 AM   #6
LauraB
Sorry .. ignore the "If a", lol. Ignore me

Old 02-02-2016, 10:35 AM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinytail View Post
Chris, the part "Cut out the personal squabbles" might delete over half of your posts. I find it odd you are the one requesting this.
One could likewise find it odd that you resurrected a thread from 2012 in the feedback forum to extend the reach of your personal disagreement.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #8
Helenthereef
(Feel free to not respond to this - I don't need a lengthy explanation if this is not technically possible, I'm just throwing it out there)

What I have often wondered, particularly for Bad Guy Threads, but maybe also applicable to Info threads too, is whether there might be a way to add an amendment (maybe just by a symbol next to the original thread title) to indicate when/if a resolution was reached.

Just so that in the case where there has been a misunderstanding or incorrect accusation, this could be recognised by future readers without ploughing through sometimes 100+ posts to find out.

I understand that one of the problems will be who makes that judgement call - in cases where a resolution has been reached, it could simply be that the OP can add a button representing "Case closed" or "Resolution reached"

Cases of false accusation are more difficult, but maybe more important to recognise - I get that the mods have to be responsible if they make that judgement call..... so maybe a button category representing "Apparently unfounded"

Old 02-02-2016, 05:58 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
(Feel free to not respond to this - I don't need a lengthy explanation if this is not technically possible, I'm just throwing it out there)

What I have often wondered, particularly for Bad Guy Threads, but maybe also applicable to Info threads too, is whether there might be a way to add an amendment (maybe just by a symbol next to the original thread title) to indicate when/if a resolution was reached.

Just so that in the case where there has been a misunderstanding or incorrect accusation, this could be recognised by future readers without ploughing through sometimes 100+ posts to find out.

I understand that one of the problems will be who makes that judgement call - in cases where a resolution has been reached, it could simply be that the OP can add a button representing "Case closed" or "Resolution reached"

Cases of false accusation are more difficult, but maybe more important to recognise - I get that the mods have to be responsible if they make that judgement call..... so maybe a button category representing "Apparently unfounded"
Well, technically the design of the Board Of Inquiry was never to make each thread specific to a particular case or complainant, but more oriented towards any and all experiences with the person or business that the topic is about. Of course, this has proven to be pretty much impractical to enforce, so I just let things go the course they were going to go no matter what I wanted.

So you will find that both types of threads are in the BOI. Which means, of course, that your suggestion really could not be implemented, because in the case of multiple incidents taking place within a single thread, if ONE person claimed that everything was resolved, then people would not even read into the thread to catch other transactions that might not have been resolved.

Quite frankly, giving any member the power to make that sort of call would likely not be a real good idea anyway. Mostly for the above mentioned reasoning. And as for making that a responsibility of staff, well no, that would not be legally advisable, because in doing so, whoever would edit that thread in such a manner would then become legally a co-author to whatever the original poster stated within it. So in effect, whoever made that change would then become legally responsible for the words that someone else has posted. Personally, I do not intend to purposely allow any of the staff here to have to take on that sort of unfair and dangerous burden.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #10
Lucille
If you read the thread, you can come to your own conclusion about whether the issue was solved. Even if the issue was solved, HOW it was solved can say a lot about both parties, so I think the read is worthwhile.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!