food/water dish - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #1
Jadormdrache
food/water dish

hi, I'm looking for a good dish to put water in for leopard geckos, and a good dish to put mealworms in. I would prefer ceramic so I can heat clean it. atm I'm using Exo-terra worm dishes in all my cages but thats just annoying paying 5$ for one.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
PaulSage
I use the saucers from clay flower pots. You can buy them separate from the actual pots at Home Depot. I haven't bought them in a while, but they're usually under $1 depending on the size. Make sure you get the ones that are GLAZED on the inside though, otherwise the water might slowly leak through and the porous surface allows the worms can climb out.

Hope that helps.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
progeckos
I use ramekin (Libbey brand) dishes for all my gecko water dishes. You can get them at a restraint supply store. For mealworms I just use Petri dishes. The ramekin are glass and the Petri are plastic but both can be put in the dish washer.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:45 AM   #4
SableLynx
I get the small sauce bowls at walmart. Usually a set of 4 bowls for under $2. They are clear class so the Leos can see the mealies, and tall enough the worms can not get out.

Old 06-13-2005, 05:36 AM   #5
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by progeckos
I use ramekin (Libbey brand) dishes for all my gecko water dishes. You can get them at a restraint supply store.
I could have a field day with that Cody.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
progeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I could have a field day with that Cody.
Oops… don’t even think about Jim. LOL.

* It’s supposed to say restaurant supply store.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:47 PM   #7
PaulSage
If you're looking for petri dishes, Edmunds Scientific has three different sizes, all at reasonable prices. I just placed an order with them for 200 60mmx15mm petri dishes to be used for mealworms and water. I think the total including shipping was around $43. They also have the dishes in 100mmx15mm and 150mmx15mm.

www.scientificsonline.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!