Bad Guy Backwater reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
mudpuppy49
Backwater reptiles

alright so this happened a while ago but i wanted to share my experience with them.
i saw they had chinese water dragons, and since i hadnt had one in a few years, however i decided on an adult. now i contacted them and it took a few days to respond which was slightly aggravating but they got back to me. i asked questions like "CB or WC, age, mostly fed on, and size" they avoided the age and wc or cb question, said insects and pinkies and between 24-30 inches(for a male). i ordered it and it came and i was a bit unprepared for the sickly looking boy that looked up at me. He was very skinny and very lethargic, worst of all he never showed any interest in food. i tried crickets, roaches, worms, f/t pinkies, and fish, never touched any of it. i contacted them and they said they fed all those except strictly live pinkies. i tried a few and same result, called and they said strictly frozen pinkies. i had a vet visit scheduled but sadly the little guy died the morning of the visit 2 weeks after getting him. i have heard other bad things about them and just wanted to share my experience.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:44 AM   #2
RDB3ART
LLL Reptiles is the same way. Got a snake from them and it lasted not even a week. Luckily they gave me my money back. Saw the LLL booth at the Tinley expo a few weeks ago and all the animals just looked like they were in very bad shape.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:57 PM   #4
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDB3ART View Post
LLL Reptiles is the same way.
This thread is about Backwater Reptiles. Please stay focused on the thread topic and not drag unrelated parties into it. Thanks

Old 11-17-2015, 10:09 PM   #5
Ccurran1992
Backwater reptiles (wholesale exotics.com) beware same company

Ok to start I don't know if this is the right spot to put this but November 12 2014 i had an order shipped .I made an order off a site called wholesale exotics close to $500 come to find out all the animals come from backwater reptiles it included 2 adult yellow-foot tortoises ,2 hatchling sulcata tortoises ,1red ear slider ( they sent me a yellow belly slider).3 green anoles, 6brown anoles ,and 3 house geckos. Ok so the box arrives at my house November 13 th with no heat packs 2:00 in the afternoon I'm in the mountains of pa pretty cold . Both hatchling sulcatas were like jello heads and arms had no life to them so put them in a heated rack to see what happened nothing did they were dead , the anoles and geckos were like they were hibernating but them in my 3 year old daughters terrarium we got them from with lights heat on sides no they later died that day both of the yellow foots eyes were sealed shut I put some Vaseline on them so they could open them up there eyes were all hazy white when opened had mucus coming out of there mouths and a really bad cough mumbling sound they mad put them in an enclosure with some heat ,food ,water ,vitamins no they wouldn't eat and died the next day. Now last the suppose to be red ear slider had a pea size cyst,growth in her neck that I removed with a sterile sewing needle. Out of that order I have a yellow belly slider that I recieved instead of a red ear o we'll atleast she has a nice life now.Ok now i contacted them threw there contact us on both sites they own the same day this order arrived with no reply now there contact doesn't fwd you what you wrote so that helps them lie more. I had sent messages the entire year phone calls no one wanted to talk because they didn't have access to there wholesale messages ok what about the other site so a year now I have got nowhere so I see a post by them on kingsnake for alligators the other day figuring maybe I'll get a response if they think I'm interested in waisting more money below I will put up the only messages I have got before the order shipped and now a year later when I finally got them to talk also the shipping label the girl Amanda claims I wasn't here to recieve it claiming it was my fault and says they never recieved messages ..So I'm trying to warn and hope people listen unlike myself to purchase elsewhere there are better companies out there that won't rip you off.
Thanks for reading and happy her ping
Christopher Curran
“There are two mistakes one can make along the road of truth...not going all the way,and not starting -- BUDDHA.

Keep this in mind when seeing the message by Sam saying the order will ship tommorow and the date he said this then the newest by AMANDA claiming my order was delivered a day late voiding there warrantee anyway..making it look like I wasn't here to recieve them.I own and run my own farm I'm allway home.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2015, 10:29 PM   #6
Ccurran1992
Backwater(wholesale exotics)

Here is the messages before.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #7
Ccurran1992
Backwater(wholesale exotics)

This is where he states it will be shipping the 12 th for the 13th rember this
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #8
Ccurran1992
Backwater (wholesale exotics)

As seen from the last they never even replied if it was sent out.great customer service
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2015, 10:38 PM   #9
Ccurran1992
Backwater ( wholesale. Exotics)

Here's another one trying to blame me ..
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2015, 10:41 PM   #10
Ccurran1992
Backwater ( wholesale exotics

Almost done guys hang in there
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!