Info Need some advice on a situation involving Alea Rodriguez. - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:47 PM   #71
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
I suggest we all stop posting on here until a week or so goes by and cools some tempers. This is rapidly turning into an opinion free-for-all when in reality, Elexis and Alea need to come to an agreement on their own.

Overnight shipping temperatures are below freezing. Although I have successfully shipped animals at that temperature, I completely understand the reluctance to do so. This combined with the holiday shipping traffic, I could not recommend returning the animals right now.

Ownership is quite clear: Elexis doesn't want the animals and Alea wants them back. Neither party seems to think it's a good idea to ship right now, which is fine. Elexis, because you volunteered to take care of the animals up to this point, it is not reasonable to expect payment for your efforts unless Alea volunteers to pay that debt. However, it is reasonable to expect payment from the termination of your agreement (aka now) until the snakes can be safely shipped.

I suggest Elexis and Alea settle on a reasonable shipping window during the spring and come to an agreement about the cost of care for the animals until then. Once these decisions have been made, then we can revisit this thread. Until then, the back and forth is not really useful.
And if people read what I said, I did it for free until now, that from now on I want compensation not compensation for the past. I'll call the 110.25 even for the Hypo female she gave me. They were fed today, I will count that as the start of the time to be compensated until they are returned. I don't even charge much for my rats. The biggest eats mediums every 3 weeks and I charge $1.75 for those. It's not all that of a ridiculous amount I'm asking for now. But if that's even still seen as a "bad" thing to do whatever I guess I'll just continue to be used.

Again I tried to get her to take the 3 smallest back during the summer and she REFUSED. They didn't move, and she filled those cages with other animals, tell me how that's not abandonment, but either way I do NOT want them. Unless she says to keep them/sell them they will go back to her when the weather permits. If I ship now like everyone seems to want me to and they get held up or lost and arrive dead who will you blame? ME that's who. I'm not risking the animals health just to make her happy, why is that a bad thing?

Old 12-01-2015, 03:48 PM   #72
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sociopath View Post
I'm sure you don't mind debating me, your post history is nothing but negaive comments and arguments in BOI's. Nice life man.
Actually I have a great life. You were impressed enough to check me out. If you looked closely, I have outed a number of scammers and idiots. Now, You said you would not debate anymore...

Old 12-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #73
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
And if people read what I said, I did it for free until now, that from now on I want compensation not compensation for the past. I'll call the 110.25 even for the Hypo female she gave me. They were fed today, I will count that as the start of the time to be compensated until they are returned. I don't even charge much for my rats. The biggest eats mediums every 3 weeks and I charge $1.75 for those. It's not all that of a ridiculous amount I'm asking for now. But if that's even still seen as a "bad" thing to do whatever I guess I'll just continue to be used.

Again I tried to get her to take the 3 smallest back during the summer and she REFUSED. They didn't move, and she filled those cages with other animals, tell me how that's not abandonment, but either way I do NOT want them. Unless she says to keep them/sell them they will go back to her when the weather permits. If I ship now like everyone seems to want me to and they get held up or lost and arrive dead who will you blame? ME that's who. I'm not risking the animals health just to make her happy, why is that a bad thing?
That sounds fair.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #74
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
That sounds fair.
These are the prices everyone pays when they buy my rats, does it seem so ridiculous now? I'm not asking for $100 a month. I'm just asking for my rats back, which everyone thought was reasonable when Mr Kruger wanted to charge outrageous prices for the rats for the snakes he actually stole.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1449003108132.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  152.8 KB

Old 12-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #75
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
Actually I have a great life. You were impressed enough to check me out. If you looked closely, I have outed a number of scammers and idiots. Now, You said you would not debate anymore...
To be honest, the above statement should read I have helped to out a number of scammers and idiots.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #76
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
I tried to be civil. Yea when she went off on me I went off back, but after a couple days I tried to be civil and she started her crap again. I didn't want it to come to this but I needed advice. Many have told me to just keep them, I do not want them. Others agree with me charging for their care from here on out, seems some here do not. Sorry but I'm not going to be walked all over by someone because they had a bad day. Her snakes are happy and healthy and have grown quite a bit since coming here in april. I could have let it all go had she not threatened me for something I wasn't even planning on doing. She says I threatened her? Where? Please someone show me a threat I made to her?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I have no desire to dwell on the drama presented here or play relationship counselor. Since this is a business forum the statement in bold should be the only question to address.

The opinion of others of what is the correct way to proceed is the question.

The agreement was to house the snakes until other arraignments can be made. I see no timeline for that situation to end mentioned. It was open-ended to the situation could be resolved. The only payment mention was a free snake for their care and it appears neither is contesting that.

As stated the snakes would be sent back and there was no issue until the relationship took a turn. This agreement is to end.

You state you will not ship them back now impart because of weather and your inability to ship them. That you have never shipped. She states she doesn't want you to ship right now anyways. To wait to spring.

You are both in agreement on that point. Since the friendship and agreement has ended at this point you should ship back as soon as you believe it is save to do so. Neither of you disagree on this. You were paid for this agreement with the one snake.

My opinion (And that is what you are asking people to give) is that now to charge a fee until spring is just vindictive and petty for the falling out of the relation and feeling hurt over the actions that have taken place. My opinion would be different if you wanted to end this arrangement now and were willing to send the snakes back and she didn't want to accept them now but you aren't willing to send them back now even if she wanted them now. In fact forcing her to agree to a fee that none agreed to. The decision to keep them at your place is yours.

Your done wit this situation but are unwilling to end it right now because of your unwillingness or inability to ship. When it comes time that you are comfortable to ship back and are willing to do so, if she isn't then I would state other options are on the table. You shouldn't be required to continue doing this beyond the time you are willing to end the situation.

All the other drama I have no comment on. The decision to just keep her snakes are not ship them to her based on her plans for them when they arrive are irrelevant. It isn't your business as far as their housing is concerned. It will be her responsibility for their care once they arrive safely back with their owner.

OK, I'll dive a little into the drama.

She seemed a little off her rocker in her responses to you. I wouldn't want to carry on the arraignment either but you have to be willing to end that arraignment by sending the snakes back. Not keep them for a time and set a new fee for doing so.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:03 PM   #77
Reptar
Wow!!! I have never read such drama and such unwillingness to resolve a simple conflict two adults should be able to handle. From where I'm standing we have the owner who wants the snake back but on her terms, and we have some one taking care of the snakes that might be looking to justify keeping them.

Person taking care of the snakes, ship them back asap. I went out to sea for 6 month and had a buddy of mine watch my reptiles, in return I gave him a female BEL baby ball python. No money exchanged hands just two adults that agreed on the terms ahead of time.

Owner of the snake if you want them back take them back now, it's plain and simple to everyone else here. Why on earth would someone allow someone else they apparently don't trust to keep their snakes any longer than is needed.

Also if caging is an issue please use temporary caging. I quarantine any new snakes in drilled sterilite containers with UTH attached to a cheap hydrofarm for 3 months without a problem.

Regards,
Mario Barros
UBC

Old 12-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #78
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I have no desire to dwell on the drama presented here or play relationship counselor. Since this is a business forum the statement in bold should be the only question to address.

The agreement was to house the snakes until other arraignments can be made. I see no timeline for that situation to end mentioned. It was open-ended to the situation could be resolved. The only payment mention was a free snake for their care and it appears neither is contesting that.

As stated the snakes would be sent back and there was no issue until the relationship took a turn. This agreement is to end.

You state you will not ship them back now impart because of weather and your inability to ship them. That you have never shipped. She states she doesn't want you to ship right now anyways. To wait to spring.

You are both in agreement on that point. Since the friendship and agreement has ended at this point you should ship back as soon as you believe it is save to do so. Neither of you disagree on this. You were paid for this agreement with the one snake.

My opinion (And that is what you are asking people to give) is that now to charge a fee until spring is just vindictive and petty for the falling out of the relation and feeling hurt over the actions that have taken place. My opinion would be different if you wanted to end this arrangement now and were willing to send the snakes back and she didn't want to accept them now but you aren't willing to send them back now even if she wanted them now. In fact forcing her to agree to a fee that none agreed to. The decision to keep them at your place is yours.

Your done wit this situation but are unwilling to end it right now because of your unwillingness or inability to ship. When it comes time that you are comfortable to ship back and are willing to do so, if she isn't then I would state other options are on the table. You shouldn't be required to continue doing this beyond the time you are willing to end the situation.

All the other drama I have no comment on. The decision to just keep her snakes are not ship them to her based on her plans for them when they arrive are irrelevant. It isn't your business as far as their housing is concerned. It will be her responsibility for their care once they arrive safely back with their owner.

She seemed a little off her rocker in her responses to you. I wouldn't want to carry on the arraignment either but you have to be willing to end that arraignment by sending the snakes back. Not keep them for a time and set a new fee for doing so.
Actually she gave me the hypo because she felt she would make a good breeder and wanted her to be more than just a pet, I can dig for that message if you'd like proof, here she stated she gave her as payment, not true.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #79
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

Also we had previously agreed she would get them back in the spring, she has said she doesn't want them now as its too cold to ship, I do not want to put their lives at risk by shipping. I don't know what else to do. 8-9 months of rats was 110.25. If she gets them in april that's only 5 months, if she can get them back sooner that's even less. So honestly it's not an outrageous amount I'm asking for.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #80
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
Wow!!! I have never read such drama and such unwillingness to resolve a simple conflict two adults should be able to handle. From where I'm standing we have the owner who wants the snake back but on her terms, and we have some one taking care of the snakes that might be looking to justify keeping them.

Person taking care of the snakes, ship them back asap. I went out to sea for 6 month and had a buddy of mine watch my reptiles, in return I gave him a female BEL baby ball python. No money exchanged hands just two adults that agreed on the terms ahead of time.

Owner of the snake if you want them back take them back now, it's plain and simple to everyone else here. Why on earth would someone allow someone else they apparently don't trust to keep their snakes any longer than is needed.

Also if caging is an issue please use temporary caging. I quarantine any new snakes in drilled sterilite containers with UTH attached to a cheap hydrofarm for 3 months without a problem.

Regards,
Mario Barros
UBC
Did you even read the thread? I DON'T WANT THE EFFING SNAKES!!!!!!'

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!