Info BHB Reptiles - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #51
Tom C
It seems that in the end, there was great communication (which most times isn't) on solving the issue, so that's a huge bonus. I hate Mites and find that
is something that I will never share the same opinion on "mites are part of the hobby/business" (that's not a quote from bhb) but It seems to be a lot of others opinions these days and I find that ridiculous.Make sure your animals are parasite free before shipping or don't ship it.

I don't work w/ ball pythons, but I am curious on other BP breeders opinions if they think that snake could successfully/safely push eggs past that kink?...I don't think I would risk it regardless of what species the defect appeared upon.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #52
Kinra
This is not a bad guy thread, this is me coming out publicly to speak about my experience purchasing from BHB. Lori did a great job working with me to get the issue of the snake being kinked resolved. The fact that I was sold a snake that had a major kink and mites makes me leery of buying from them in the future.

I don't care if this is a snake they produced or not. I don't care how many new people they have working for them. I don't care how hands on Brian and Lori are with their collection. I don't care how large their collection is. I what I do care about is that they sold me the snake with multiple issues, one of which I still have to deal with even though the snake is no longer in my possession.

This is not the first time I've made a purchase from a breeder online but it is the first time I have had issues like this. If I can get a snake of similar quality from a different breeder that I feel confident won't send me problems like this why would I buy from BHB, a company I have already had a bad experience with?

There has also been a lot of hear say on some forums lately about BHB selling snakes with mites on them. I wish I had taken a picture of the mites on the snake but four other people saw the mites on this snake one of which as already publicly come forward saying they saw it. This is not a rumor, this is a case that someone can look to and say okay at least one person has come forward saying they received a snake with mites from BHB. This is not a story of a friend of a friend of my second cousin saying they got mites from BHB.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #53
Amelanistic Orca
"Many very experienced breeders keep their snakes on mulch. It's much better for breeding than these "paper products" ~~~~ Author unknown at this point... But, classical!

Old 12-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #54
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
"Many very experienced breeders keep their snakes on mulch. It's much better for breeding than these "paper products" ~~~~ Author unknown at this point... But, classical!
That was me, and it's true

Old 12-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #55
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
That was me, and it's true
Git 'er dunn Son!

Old 12-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #56
Kinra
Update: My money was refunded to me as of 30 minutes ago. I commend BHB on their fast resolution of this, but they should work towards preventing this from happening in the future.

Again, this is not a bad guy thread, this is just an info thread. BHB took ownership of the kink issue and refunded me my money. I'm sill going to be on high alert for mites in both my quarantine rack and the rest of my collection for the next month or two, but I consider my primary issue with BHB closed.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #57
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
Almost every person I know that breeds ball pythons keeps adult females on cypress mulch. I think BHB is a business, and people that are in business make errors occasionally. It's hard for the small hobbiest to understand, but mistakes happen and what matters (to me anyway) is that any errors are dealt with fairly and promptly, with the least aggravation possible being caused to the customer.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #58
tarawr
Glad you got your refund~ Seems like the matter is resolved, then.
Hopefully you don't have mites in any of your racks and that everything has worked out for the best.

I do agree that they should work towards preventing cases like this in the future... I know its easier said than done, too.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #59
Jewelfan74
Talking Snake mites

Always spray your nrw snakes enclosure down with provent a mite before snake arrives. Also buy from Garrick Demeyer Royalconstrictordesigns.com

Old 06-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #60
InfiniteVoid
Get provent a mite and you'll nevr have to worry again...and kinks arent a big deal at all..i mean.if your dog had a kinked tail would you make a big deal to the breeder?? You couldve kept the snake..seems like the boi is fillin up with things that couldve.been resolved without any need for being posted

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!