Mark Miller of LocoLizards - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:47 AM   #51
BoaBackAtYa
I have only spoken with Mr. Miller on the phone but have never done business with him. He did seem like a nice guy. However, I can tell you this from recent attemps to contact him ... he is nowhere to be found.

I was interested in some of his animals he has/had for sale and got him on the phone ONCE back in January. I have tried to call and email him on nearly 10 differnt occations since with no luck. He must not want to sell animals very badly.

Nothing has gone any farther than this so please know no money is owed to me. Just very bad customer service imo.

Trey Stowell
Wichita, KS

Old 04-25-2008, 03:19 AM   #52
KaHane
Hey Todd, keep your head up. Maybe, just Maybe things might sill work out. If not, chalk it as a learning experience. Trust me man....I'm going through a similar experience as you...Been waiting on a deal since October of last year!...Almost 10 times the amount too!! However if it's $10 or over $10K...No one deserves to be ripped off.
KaHane

Old 04-25-2008, 03:23 AM   #53
KaHane
I just went to the first page and realized that Mark is doing this to Will too!!
Man! Will same as I said to Todd... Hopefully thinks works out for you guys. Trust me I feel your frustration! I don't understand why individuals like Mark Miller and Steven Brockschmidt " Brock" Do this and thinks they can get away with it! Best of luck guys.
KaHane

Old 04-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #54
rockyballboa
April 25th at 8:30 am my time I did receive a cell phone call from Mark Miller & he did apologize several times about the way things were going and explained why.He also said to me he would continue talking to me via my cell and would make things right.
From what i hear Mark is going through some very hard times with his personal life and is trying to get back to his feet. If this is the case then i wish Mark all best and even lend him a helping hand if need be.
After talking to him this morning I do feel better about my situation and hope that he can recover from this & make things right.
Good luck Mark.
Todd Peddle

Old 04-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #55
johnmartino
DO NOT TALK ON THE CELL PHONE!!! That is what he did to me and then when he screwed me over I had no physical evidence. He led me on for months and then never made right. I believe he knew what he was doing from the very beginning. And that included only talking on the phone. Tell him you only want to correspond via email!

Old 04-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #56
NixonRp
That does make sense, its always good to get the final word down on paper...fortunately for me my wife is a paralegal so she knows quite a bit about law. I do hope the situation gets straightened out.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #57
Darist
I received a phone call from Mark Miller on Friday letting me know that he still had my animals and was still hoping to ship them up to me. He apologized several times for not having contacted me sooner. Mark is supposed to phone some time this week, to let me know about the Cites paperwork. I have decided that I would cancel half my order with him, that way all that I owe him is for the second half of shipping. When I talk to him next I will ask for an Email or letter out lining the new agreement.

-William Shopik

Old 04-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #58
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darist
I received a phone call from Mark Miller on Friday letting me know that he still had my animals and was still hoping to ship them up to me. He apologized several times for not having contacted me sooner. Mark is supposed to phone some time this week, to let me know about the Cites paperwork. I have decided that I would cancel half my order with him, that way all that I owe him is for the second half of shipping. When I talk to him next I will ask for an Email or letter out lining the new agreement.

-William Shopik
William,

Hopefully everything will work out between both of you. One thing you may want to remember though is that if you accept any payment from him, you will have no legal recourse afterwards. In short, he can send you a check for $100 and if you cash it he will have demonstrated good faith in making good in the deal. You can then be stringed quite close to the "end of times" before you receive payment in full. Something to think about...

Old 04-27-2008, 11:26 PM   #59
rockyballboa
I just recieved another anonymous email today.I wont list the names because for some reason they want to stay anonymous.
Quote:
Date Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:46 pm
To Todd Peddle <TarsandSerpents@shaw.ca>

Hi Todd, I just read your recent posts on Redtailboas.com and Fauna. After speaking to a few more people about Mark, it seems he has flat out ripped off everyone and is buying more time or stalling. He owes individuals from a few $100 to a few $1000, from as far back as November and not a single phone call, email or a return phone call or email, and then he blocks people from even contacting him. In my eyes and many others he has gone from a guy that has fallen on hard times to a crook. One guy told me has has stolen as much as $25,000-$40,000 from various people. It's been 5-6 months since some people gave him their money and have not heard back from him.

What he is doing is just flat out wrong, whatever he is going through personally, a phone call or an email to people that gave him $1000's and trusted him is the least anyone can do. This is beyond bad customer service, this is flat out robbery! Question is, when will it be enough, it's been 5-6 months, will it be enough after 12-24 months of people not hearing from him in order to be considered a bad guy. He stole $3000 from my friend, to which he had no problem returning emails and phone calls as long as payments were coming in. The minute he got his $3000, all communications stopped, coincidence? This was 7 months ago this month.

Whatever you do, don't send this guy another penny! If you are lucky enough to actually speak with him again, try and get your money back and forget the snakes he owes you. It's sad when a so called good guy goes bad, but he's not the first and unfortunately won't be the last! Sad thing is, the people he stole from, at least people like my buddy are not rich! $3000 for these people is a lot of money, and they too have a life to support. Yet they trusted Mark to deliver on snakes they saved for. At this point I think everyone just wants their money back, any part of that money would be better than nothing.

I hope you have some luck in getting what's yours from Mark.
I dont understand why people who have similar problems with Mark Miller are keeping quiet.I made people aware of my situation & some still remain quiet.Has Mark made right with any of us yet? I dont think it matters if we speak out or not.Looks like we are still getting the same results.
Todd Peddle

Old 04-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #60
rockyballboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darist

-William Shopik
I wouldnt send him another penny William.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!