Ryan Trude aka Pitbullophis: Bad Guy! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-29-2004, 06:37 PM   #21
herpetological
Mark & Amiee

Thanks for pointing this out.... It's rather obvious that he doesn't want to provide proof of any sort in regards to his claims. The only thing that scares me is that Cryptosporidiosis has many of these same symptoms. I'm sure that a few people have dealt with this very serious coccidian. It can wipe out an entire collection and any survivors can become carriers. If he's so sure of these specimens health then i'll make an open offer of doing the lab work-up and testing.... I doubt he'll do it but, if he did then he wouldn't have to be so defensive and could go on his merry way with selling his "healthy specimens". The ethics behind it alone are disturbing as well. We often take in sick, abused or unwanted specimens. We often have people who are concerned that we will take them in only to resell them. I see why with people like this. Sad. Ray G. HBR

Old 02-29-2004, 06:40 PM   #22
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
The only thing that scares me is that Cryptosporidiosis has many of these same symptoms. I'm sure that a few people have dealt with this very serious coccidian. It can wipe out an entire collection and any survivors can become carriers.
Ray, my vet did not specifically test for crypto... So I will not say it is to be ruled out. Do you know how long an adult boa can go on, carrying crypto and not getting progressively worse in health?

Old 02-29-2004, 06:57 PM   #23
herpetological
I had to deal with this in 1987. I purchased an entire collection from a breeder in Central Virginia.(Name omitted) Some of the specimens showed signs of nerological damage only when handled. I.E. Stargazing and off balance. A few weeks later some showed signs of respiritory and were treated with antibiotics. (Little was still known about Crypto at this time. Luckily all specimens were in a quarantine room. A few other specimens that had never had direct contact(But, were in the same room) started coming down with the symptoms. Fecals and lab work-ups were done by Dr. Scott Stahl. They were found to have active Cryptosporidium and some that appeared healthy were carriers. The whole group had to be put down and all cages thrown out. There are some treatments which have showed mixed sucess but, I wouldn't even chance it. I had one young burmese that survived the intial contact. However, it would still show signs every once in a while.(Star-gazing) It was just in the same room with no direct contact.(Followed quarantine procedures) It was placed with a person who had no other snakes. 2 years later it still was going through the same cycle of healthy then sick.?? Definately something to be careful of. This may not be the case in this event but, possible. By the way this breeder moved to N. Carolina. I also, had a few pit vipers rom him that had a pit viper specific virus....(Sorry about the spelling my fingers go too fast some times!!) If you need any more info please feel free to ask.

Old 02-29-2004, 07:14 PM   #24
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally posted by diamondback1
My only question is why is Ryan still allowed on this site?????????
Because we don't kick people off for making one or two insulting posts. If nothing else, his posts stand as a testament to his character.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:12 PM   #25
diamondback1
Dr. Owens I apoligize for not being specific as to the comment I stated. I understand that people are not kicked off for a couple comments. If anything it should be a warning.
My concern is over the attempted sale of the sick boas. I myself have been looking for some Hogg's and had contemplated purchasing the ones that are involved in this discussion.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:05 PM   #26
ms_terese
Ryan again?

There are some other threads on Ryan Trude, both good and bad. However, they kept me from buying an advertised female labyrinth burmese from him when he couldn't provide photos some time ago. Probably saved myself quite a bit of grief, even though it broke my heart to pass up the chance at a female laby.

This latest thread just reassures me that I made the right choice the first time.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:19 PM   #27
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally posted by diamondback1
Dr. Owens I apoligize for not being specific as to the comment I stated. I understand that people are not kicked off for a couple comments. If anything it should be a warning.
My concern is over the attempted sale of the sick boas. I myself have been looking for some Hogg's and had contemplated purchasing the ones that are involved in this discussion.
He did get warning points for a couple of his posts.

I understand your concern over the boas, but the whole purpose of this forum is to provide a means of documentation of these kinds of situations. It's people like him that make this forum necessary. However, this purpose could not be achieved if the accused wasn't allowed to post in response to the allegations made against him.

Old 03-01-2004, 09:44 AM   #28
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
There are some other threads on Ryan Trude, both good and bad. However, they kept me from buying an advertised female labyrinth burmese from him when he couldn't provide photos some time ago. Probably saved myself quite a bit of grief, even though it broke my heart to pass up the chance at a female laby.
I'm still slapping myself upside the head for NOT checking the BOI before doing any business with this guy! I just about always check people out here before doing any business with them... And to be honest, when he emailed me, I thought his name sounded familiar, but I couldn't put a finger on it.

I guess I learned my lesson once again!

Old 03-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #29
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
I understand your concern over the boas, but the whole purpose of this forum is to provide a means of documentation of these kinds of situations. It's people like him that make this forum necessary. However, this purpose could not be achieved if the accused wasn't allowed to post in response to the allegations made against him.
If Ryan wasn't allowed to post, or if his posts had been deleted, his true character would not be displayed as accurately as it has been. I'm sure at this point it is apparrant what kind of person he is.

If name calling is all he can resort to, I highly doubt he has much to stand on. That, and I'm still waiting to hear from the people he was "honest" to.

Old 03-01-2004, 09:57 AM   #30
pitbullophis
Yeah, I'm so infamous

The last time some morons started harrassing me on here was because of another idiot that ran the "Christian Reptile Center". He has since gone away I've found out. Should have known from his name not to trust him. Anyway, that lab was perfectly healthy too, as all my animals are. And the person I traded her to for a pair of Deppei Janii's had nothing but praise for her. So, your loss stupid. Way to keep attention on yourself Mark. Awww poor baby didn't check me out first. Shut up. I'm sick of all the whining and slandering. You're all hypocrites. You people know nothing. Especially about me.

By the way, I guess my friend has to be on your little list. That's where he lives. His home. Geniuses. I also emailed Ray (Herpetological) about his offer to run tests. He hasn't responded yet. I'd love to know for sure what her problem is. By the way Mark, if it is that parasite he metioned, we're both in trouble huh? But to the best of my knowledge, Mark's knowledge, and at least 2 experienced vets, there is no explanation for her neck problem. And since it has been stated that she has not gotten worse for the last year plus, in my opinion that makes her "healthy". I am waiting to hear back from Ray to make that definite. Becuase I am very interested in an answer to MY ANIMAL'S problem. Not for you people. I'll keep you all posted since you're so interested in other people's business.

P.S. You wanna attack someone you don't know, how do you expect them to respond? This is so ridiculous. It's fun though. It really is. I'd prefer to attack you all face to face though. Not over the interenet like a loser. Guess it's my own fault for allowing myself to stoop to your levels. Oh well, like I said, it is a good source of entertainment. So whatever.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!