Bad Guy DALE PICOLLA BAD GUY - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #91
pch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeteroy View Post
To PCH: Well legality hmm funny topic do you keep aussie animals? Or cummingi and many many more have started here illegally.
Actually, as you can see in my avatar, I do keep Aussie animals known as Northern Blue-tongued Skinks (Tiliqua scincoides intermedia). They are legal animals that are descendents of legal imports that came here before Australia's ban on exportation back in the 1970s. In short, my animals are came here legally, and are here in San Diego legally. They are not in violation of any international, Federal, State, County, or City bans, laws, codes, or regulations. Their legal statue cannot even be compared to that of cummingi, as they are two completely different animals from different places.

Quote:
I purchased this animal from DALE PICOLLA ask him where he got it?
No need. You and I both know if it is from the Philippines, as far as I know, there are no legal reptile exports coming from there. You do the math...

Quote:
Or the one I bought from kingsnake last year where did that come from? Very valid question?
Same thing. If you are comfortable dealing with illegally smuggled animals, then that is on you.

Quote:
I just wanna group them and breed them so people dont need to smuggle.
Comment like this always amaze me. So according to you, it is ok to deal with illegally smuggled animals if you are going to breed them so that people will not need to smuggle? Lets get one thing straight. People do not "need to smuggle". They simply want to smuggle because of greed and selfishness.

Quote:
As far as NY tthis species has been lifted to species status and no longer carries the salvatore name. Varanus nuchalis is not illegal in NYS.
There are people here from NY that seem to disagree with you, and I have my doubts as well.

Quote:
As far as health codes, well as long as I dont sell any varanids in NYC or anything under health codes I am alright. I keep all business records and birth records and can prove where all my babies go when they are sold. I either wholesale to NJ or I ship to outside NYC. Its the same as lets say owning a BB gun mail order business, You can have it and ship from a place where it is illegal to own, if items are sold outside the illegal vacinity.
So you say you can own one in NYC, but you cannot sell one to someone in NYC. That seems more than just a bit odd.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #92
JudyC
Quote:
Now for all of you regardeless of any matter if you recieved a bad animal do you not get refunded????????????????
The fact is it is a bad animal and DALES responsibility.

Thank you
I've only just seen this thread, so forgive me for being a little late to the topic. But I haven't seen anyone address this issue.

If you receive a defective product, you are well within your rights to demand a full refund...however, the cost of that refund is to return the product. If you buy a power saw from Lowes, and it doesn't work when you get it home...they will refund your money, but they're not going to let you keep the saw.

A retailer may CHOOSE to let you keep the product because it's not worth the trouble for them to dispose of it or whatever retailers do with defective products...but they are in no way obligated to refund AND let you keep the item. The law considers animals to be products.

The problem with animals is that our human emotions get in the way. You're not going to be emotionally attached to that power saw or worry about its well being once it's returned to the store. Puppy millers use this hook ALL the time. They sell an adorable puppy to an unsuspecting family. Puppy ends up sick with tons of vet bills. Family wants their money back. Puppy Mill says, "Fine...just send the puppy back and we'll refund you your money." But of course, they LOVE the puppy by that point, and couldn't bear to part with it.

Does it suck? You bet. But the fact is, if you DEMAND a full refund for the animal, then you are legally obligated to RETURN the animal to the seller. If you refuse to return the animal, the seller has no other legal obligation to you that wasn't agreed upon before the transaction.

Would it be in the seller's best interest to attempt to settle the matter with you with SOME sort of reasonable financial compensation? I believe so. You MIGHT be able to work with him if you cease the unreasonable demands of a full refund while keeping possession of the product.

Good luck, and I truly do hope for the best.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:05 AM   #93
tegu man
dale is bad ass

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!