Bad Guy southflreptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
Kaptdan
Stop! southflreptiles

Looks like I got burned. Payed $160 for a redfoot tortoise over two weeks ago. As soon as he got my PayPal payment he disappeared. His ad is still listed so I am hoping the moderators can keep this ad from ripping someone else off. Was very prompt at answering emails until money was sent. He posted same tortoises for sale on FB so I guess he is ripping ppl off there also.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
Lucille
Ryan, go ahead and start a Paypal claim.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #3
Lucille
I'm sorry, Daniel. Start a claim asap.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
Kaptdan
I started a claim with PayPal. At least I was smart enough to use PayPal and when I had the option of a personal payment or a business payment I chose business. Let's see if PayPal comes through. I have had PayPal almost since they first started. Never got burned before with PayPal but then again I never had to put a claim in. Who would guess that crooks would bother with a reptile site?

Old 04-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptdan View Post
Who would guess that crooks would bother with a reptile site?
I guess you have NO idea what we have to put up with here. Some time spent reading other threads in this forum may be an eye opener for you.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #6
eveandme2
I have had to make a claim to paypal a couple of times for merchandise purchased and not delivered to me. They are very professional and helpful!!! You will be taken care of.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #7
Kaptdan
Thanks eveandme2. This is unbelievable that someone, and this was no foreigner, has to stoop this low. I'm not a little kid but what if was some kid that saved and saved until he had enough to buy one. I think this crook is a reptile guy because he knew exactly how to operate. He may be under another name trying to sell snakes or whatever but at least I can go after his PayPal acct. It wouldn't have done any good to check him out here because I'm probably the first one he got under this acct. However there may be others that got burned and don't want to be embarrassed, but if my post can save someone else some grief then it's worth the time

Old 04-05-2017, 07:52 PM   #8
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptdan View Post
Was very prompt at answering emails until money was sent.
Have you tried all of these methods to contact him?
1. Rsteward@cbmusa.com
2. https://www.facebook.com/ryan.steward.3
3. Ryanreptiles1590@yahoo.com

I see that he hasn't been on Fauna for about 2 weeks. Is it possible he is out versus scamming? His Facebook page is too in-depth for me to believe it is fake at this point.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:27 PM   #9
Kaptdan
Robert I was using the email you mentioned and he responded promptly until he got paid. I saw his FB page so maybe I'll see if he responds to that. I'll check out the other link you provided. Thanks, Dan

Old 04-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #10
AdamHess512
Hope everything works out for you man, for the future tortoise buys, I recommend Bill Murray from Redfoot Ranch. I'm glad you posted so we can all be aware of their trickery

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!