Inquiry Freddy Ordine "Evolution Dragons" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
statecollegeherps
Freddy Ordine "Evolution Dragons"

I am posting this inquiry, due to the nervousness a transaction has put me in...

On December 27th I purchased a Bumble Bee Male (490 Grams) from Freddy Ordine (Evolution Dragons) It was discussed that due to weather, and with the holiday just ending that I was going to put a deposit on this animal and have it paid in full by January 19th 2011. I had Freddy send me some photos of the animal to make sure it was indeed what I was looking for. Two photos arrived, not the best pics but hey, It seemed like a great deal. The Selling Price is $450.00 Shipped.

The Deposit was for $200.00 Via Paypal, So I sent the deposit on December 29th 2010, emailed Freddy to Confirm it, and waited to hear something back that the deposit was received. I had also asked for Freddy to send me some kind of statement regarding that he accepted and received a $200.00 Deposit. On January 30th I received the email confirmation that he received the money, and he also stated "I Freddy Ordine received 200 dollars as a deposit for a male bumble bee ball python that the agreed price of 450 dollars shipped." Okay great, everything is going smoothly.

January 6th 2011, "Hey Freddy, Just letting you know I just sent another $100.00 bucks for the Bumble bee Male (490 Gram) that I bought! only owe ya $150.00 bucks now Hey man if its not a bother could you send some new photos of him just so i can see my sweet new investment? I am really excited about adding him to the collection! Thanks man, I will have that last 150.00 to you soon! Please send a contact # for my records

Thanks again.

Justin"

Three Days Pass with no response, no thanks, no photos. I then receive this email: Dated January 9th 2011

"Hi justin. Freddy has been working late every night for the past three weeks. I am sorry i have not been on top of this for you. I did check and yes he did recieve the payment. I have called him to let him know. I will check the messages daily and stay up to date on this for you. No worries. . Thanks, Tara"

Sent from my iPad

So at this point I was like, okay no big deal the guy is working quite a bit, His wife is trying to keep track of his messages... Never was there a response or acknowledgment that I wanted a few photos for my records.. but alas i let it go.

January 12th, I send another $50.00 to Freddy, and realize at this point it is indeed not going to Freddy, but the address on Paypal matches that of Tara Ordine... His Wife. The one who has been in contact with me since the initial payment of $200.00 And I also realize that I am being replied to by more than one email address... (Freddyntara@optonline.net, Murphys_attic@yahoo.com) Both Claiming to be Tara Ordine..

My email about the most recent deposit: (January 12th)
"Hey Guys Just letting you know that I sent another $50.00 for the Bumble bee male Via Paypal. Balance is down to $100.00 now.
If its not a bother could you guys take some more pics for me and send them my way? the last ones I saw were from way back when you posted the animals on Fauna. Also Can you please send a phone number ?

thanks,
Justin"

One Day later: Response (January 13th)

"Hi justin. I will let freddy know. As far as the pics, i will ask him....hes working alot. If i knew which ones they were i would do it for u but alas i have no clue! Lol maybe my son can show me which ones they are.

Sent from my iPad"

My Response: (January 13th)
(Attached the Original Photo of the Animal)
"Its the Bumble Bee Male (490 Grams..) I have attached the original photo that u guys sent me so maybe u guys can identify it and send some more "

To this Date Today January 17th I haven't received a reply with a phone number or Photos attached.

The last emails Were sent to Freddy and Tara on January 14th and 15th, those too as well have been ignored so far. Here they are.

January 14th:

"Hey Tara, Any way you can get some of those photos to me??? I sent a reference picture of the animal that I bought... I am fixing on paying him off next week and arranging the shipping date, and just wish to see him one last time in some new photos before I do so...
I understand Freddy has been working, but he can't possibly work 24 hours a day for the past 3 weeks.... I am not asking alot to have some pictures taken of an animal that I just paid you close to $500.00 Dollars cash for...

Thanks... "
No Response

January 15th:

"Freddy, and Tara...

I have asked Multiple times for a contact phone number, photos, and correspondence regarding the Bumble Bee... I am not asking too much here... Every time I finally get a response, I get "Freddy is always working" Which is not possible over 24 hours every day... I have sent $350.00 of my $450.00, haven't seen the animal that I am purchasing since Day 1 (December 28th) before I even started paying for it... I have been doing my part as a buyer by paying on time, and trying to stay in contact regarding this transaction... I also have noticed "Evolution Dragons" has been signing on to Fauna Classifieds, every other day, where I have also sent messages... As A seller you should Keep in touch with paying customers... I too have been in this business for a long time. I am requesting a telephone number because of the lack of communication via email... I have the last $100.00 and wish to discuss a shipping date and see new photos of this animal since i have only seen 2 of virtually the same photo that you sent out to multiple people. With the lack of communication and multiple attempts on getting a phone number to no avail, this transaction is making me quite nervous. I find it strange that I am being contacted by Tara, My money is being sent to Tara, but yet she has no idea what snake I purchased.

"(Tara) If i knew which ones they were i would do it for u but alas i have no clue! Lol maybe my son can show me which ones they are."

I understand people work (as do I) and have quite a stressful job none the less, however I am in constant contact with my buyers when they purchase any animal from me, and honor any request for photos and or details about the animal, and do so in a timely manner. I have nothing but good feedback online, and make it a point to keep it that way. Please contact me so we can finalize this deal so that, I too can leave you good feedback in the B.O.I. and we can move on.

Understand that I am not trying to be a pain in the ass.... I am just concerned about a purchase that I made because of a lack of communication. I asked for Photos and a Phone Number Multiple times. Please resolve the situation at your earliest convenience, take a few photos, send a phone number and I can send the last of the money, get him paid off and we can get him on his way south to Florida.

Please either Email here, or call me directly at 813-765-3484.

Thanks Very Much.
Justin Santillo
State College Herps Inc.
Tampa, FL. 33624"

I have attached the two photos of the animal that I have $350.00 of the $450.00 on. I am reaching out to anyone that has done business with Freddy and Tara that can ease my mind about the situation. I know he sold another group of animals from the same ad as mine, if the buyer could please post on this thread anything Positive or Negative they experienced with "Evolution Dragons." At the moment this thread is being left as an Inquiry until proven otherwise. (Hoping it all stays positive.) I as a seller have never left anyone in the Dark, and I have many animals currently in my collection that people are paying weekly payments on.. They all know that I am genuine in saying that the Paying Customer comes first. I send out many photos and updates on situations, monitor the weather and stay in contact with them via email or telephone.

Please feel free to comment, or post ideas etc. Also if someone would verify the following:

Is this address current : 33 Jenkins Road
Hewitt NJ 07421
Current Phone: 845-429-2754
The internet has great resources to do research when info is not provided when asked for it....

Thanks Very Much.
A Nervous Buyer
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
statecollegeherps
Well after a very RUDE email back, I have requested a FULL refund back to Paypal... Buyer Beware if dealing with "Evolution Dragons" Here is the email I got in reply to me Stating that I was going to file a complaint with paypal if I didn't hear back within 24 hours of receiving the email.

"Seriously? U may call the cops if you like. Scamming you out of what? 500 measly dollars? That is pocket change for me! My husband owns his own business, heating, its been cold as hell here and busy as hell for him! You can thank my son for the pictures!!! I told u he was busy as hell! U should be thankful he held the BLEEP snake for u! Not rude and threatening! U wanna call me my number is 973-749-6587. Now its your call if u want i will send back the money u have sent already. Or you can finish paying for the snake! I dont care either way!

Sent from my iPad"

It really is a shame it has to come to someone being scared of being scammed out of "500 Measly Dollars" Dont know exactly what people expect?? 500 dollars is 500 dollars, and if you aren't in contact, how do you expect people to trust you? This all could have been avoided if they responded timely to email requests... Its 2 days from when I was supposed to have the snake.... Bad Customer Service....

Old 01-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
statecollegeherps
Tara and Freddy have actually worked it out on there end and I have apologized and they apologized and we came to an agreement on still purchasing the snake. as I now have all the contact info and photos that were requested, I apologized and Tara apologized to me, and am now back to being excited about my new bumblebee ball python. I would recommend purchasing from them, just understand that they have their own business that they run and may not be as forthcoming with communication as others. I will post photos when the snake arrives and this shall be a good experience (Fingers Crossed)

Old 02-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by statecollegeherps View Post
Well after a very RUDE email back, I have requested a FULL refund back to Paypal... Buyer Beware if dealing with "Evolution Dragons" Here is the email I got in reply to me Stating that I was going to file a complaint with paypal if I didn't hear back within 24 hours of receiving the email.

"Seriously? U may call the cops if you like. Scamming you out of what? 500 measly dollars? That is pocket change for me! My husband owns his own business, heating, its been cold as hell here and busy as hell for him! You can thank my son for the pictures!!! I told u he was busy as hell! U should be thankful he held the BLEEP snake for u! Not rude and threatening! U wanna call me my number is 973-749-6587. Now its your call if u want i will send back the money u have sent already. Or you can finish paying for the snake! I dont care either way!

Sent from my iPad"

It really is a shame it has to come to someone being scared of being scammed out of "500 Measly Dollars" Dont know exactly what people expect?? 500 dollars is 500 dollars, and if you aren't in contact, how do you expect people to trust you? This all could have been avoided if they responded timely to email requests... Its 2 days from when I was supposed to have the snake.... Bad Customer Service....
Judging from their reply it looks like there is a missing email from you where you bring up calling the police and accuse them of scamming you? You wouldn't be leaving out emails on purpose because they cast a bad light on you would you?

Please get the other stuff copied and brought over here so I can reply to it as well.....

Old 02-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
DanGill
These were Text Messages about the Measly $500 and me calling the cops so I am not able to post these. And Second of all I have Spiders and Bees that DO NOT WOBBLE, whether you like it or not, I have snakes that don't... NOT ALL DO wobble and I have friends that back me on this... If you would like I can send you videos of all if you need me to prove you something that is quite possible... But when someone tells you they are perfect and they don't wobble, and I get something that does, then I was sold an animal that is not as advertised, Just as it was almost 100 grams lighter almost 2 months later then what it was advertised as.... And it is a Genetic FLAW... It doesn't just show up in a 400 Gram animal... They are born with it. I will Copy and paste the Bad Guy Thread over here, so that everyone can all read it before it gets deleted.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #6
statecollegeherps
Well here is an update on a situation that has ended with me less than pleased.

Way back I had posted an inquiry about a purchase of a Bumble Bee Ball Python Male from Freddy Ordine "Evolution Dragons" On here... I had paid for the snake in full within 30 days of my original payment date of 12/28. However the snake was coming from New Jersey so I wanted to wait to ship him until the weather warmed up in NJ, as I am in Sunny Florida. So I waited.... Well the Weather Warmed Up, And we setup shipping for Monday for Tuesday Delivery Today (2/15) I was informed that the Snake would be coming UPS..... ( Which I was not happy about but there was no other way for me to get the snake as they wouldn't ship Fedex...) So I wake up this morning, and wait, and wait, and wait... Check my Tracking and of course UPS Messed Up and Put the snake on the DOORSTEP of a neighbors House.... Temps were in the 40's this morning here in Florida. So I open the box, and of course both heat packs are cold to the touch, and so was the snake... So I hurried and got him under the heat and all set up, and I was fairly satisfied with the purchase.... Then I noticed it about 3 Hours later.... HE CONSTANTLY WOBBLES, and I quote from a day one email between Me and Freddy Ordine...

"Hey Freddy, Good looking bee, where are you located? Whats your ship out date looking like? I know its cold in the north... I am awaiting a paypal payment for my Spider male i have posted on Fauna... Will you accept a deposit today?,Also, Whats his wobbling situation like? Bad? good? None? Does he star gaze at all? (Freddy Replies) Hey, He DOES NOT WOBBLE at all he is actually a good bee. I live in NJ the temps are in the upper 30's today but supposed to hit high 40's by Friday. I will take a deposit on him.
Thanks
Freddy"

So obviously this was not the case once He warmed up for me... I also in the email I just sent to Freddy let him know that I will send him a video if requested so he can see the extent of it. I have many bees and spiders in my collection and NONE Wobble as I only want the best genes for my animals, so now I am not sure If I will be breeding this male that I spent $450.00 on... So after that, I became even more suspicious, so what do I do,,, I get out my scale and weigh him.... On 12/28 this animal was sold to me as a Non wobbling, Flawless, "Good Bee" at 490 Grams.... on 2/15 The Scale Reads 410 grams.... a month and a half AFTER I purchased him.... So, Full belly or not.... He was never "almost 500 Grams"

Freddy has been notified of this thread, and I am not expecting any kind of refund for this bad deal as there is already bad blood from the communication issue that Freddy and I had earlier last month, with him not returning any of my emails or calls for weeks and me requesting photos etc, and now I think I know why...

What do you guys think? Where Should I go with this? Am I deserving any kind of refund? Is it too much to ask that people should just tell the truth with something soooo apparent of a Spin/Stargaze/wobble??? The Irresponsible shipping method of using UPS? What would you guys do?

Sick of the Bulls$*# on here lately.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #7
statecollegeherps
These were Text Messages about the Measly $500 and me calling the cops so I am not able to post these. And Second of all I have Spiders and Bees that DO NOT WOBBLE, whether you like it or not, I have snakes that don't... NOT ALL DO wobble and I have friends that back me on this... If you would like I can send you videos of all if you need me to prove you something that is quite possible... But when someone tells you they are perfect and they don't wobble, and I get something that does, then I was sold an animal that is not as advertised, Just as it was almost 100 grams lighter almost 2 months later then what it was advertised as.... And it is a Genetic FLAW... It doesn't just show up in a 400 Gram animal... They are born with it. I will Copy and paste the Bad Guy Thread over here, so that everyone can all read it before it gets deleted.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:00 AM   #8
statecollegeherps
After she provided me with that 973 Number I took my business to the Telephone as I like to speak to a live person...

Old 02-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #9
Maligator
Justin, are you and DanGill the same person or am I missing why you both posted the same thing?

Old 02-16-2011, 12:06 AM   #10
statecollegeherps
As for Jumping the Gun in Reference to Garwefts post... After having such a problem with communication in the past, and having an animal show up that is far smaller than advertised, and wobbling like crazy when it was sold as Perfect no wobble, I didn't jump any gun... The Seller lost all time to rectify when I got a very absurd email saying to me that $500 dollars is "measly" and that they didn't care if was unhappy and that her husband works all the time and this that and the other... Look at my BOI... All my buyers are MORE than satisfied with the way I handle things... IF you want to run good business, tell the truth, don't flip on your customers when in fact you are the one who messed up, etc....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!