Good Guy Deobra Martin - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #21
DeeRa
sad

So has anyone re-read the ad that scratchypen had when she sold the snake to Deobra? At one point when they go back and forth on the ad, she admits the snake in the picture on the ad (which is the snake Deobra now has) is a pastel but has it labeled as a "ugly"super . She actually admits in the ad the "super pastel is so ugly you can't even tell . Seems like Shantel needs a BOI post on her! I also feel bad for the people she has been selling hets to...lord knows if she can't back up genetics on a "super pastel" I doubt her 100% hets. I feel bad for Deobra, seems like she got SCAMMED! Even though I do have to say the orginal seller did have decent odds on the 6 egg clutch... pastel x pastel = 6 pastels...

Old 02-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #22
DeeRa
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=199051

just in case someone wanted to see it without all the digging

Old 02-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #23
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeRa View Post
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=199051

just in case someone wanted to see it without all the digging
When Deob put up her evidence, I did check to see who would be selling Pastels as Ugly Supers, the information gleaned was that the seller is a long time member with only 2 positive feedback posts..knowing that some people are just picking up animals, giving themselves a business name and trying to pass themselves off as knowledgable..I checked out her animals too.

The clutch that the Pastel came from all appeared to be Pastels and it was readily evident (to me) that either the seller was unfamiliar with the looks of a Super or was trying to pull a fast one.

Deob is the one that would have to make a BG thread on her, in my opinion, but she seems satisfied to simply adopt and pass on the bad marketing habits of the seller and pass the loss to the next unsuspecting buyer.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #24
bullies&balls
What I can't understand is how all of these people coming out of the woodwork THINK they are the end all for knowledge, protocol, you name it. Like the quote I got and that kind of crap. Everyone started off bad (PERIOD) if you say you didn't then you're either confused or lying. She (op) is NOT trying to scam IMO, and all the KNOW it alls that say pastels are $50 fine, I see just as many posted for $100 up to $150 (these are for males BTW. Do I think most breeders sell a super for $250 (nope not at all) should have been first sign. But, I think all of the peeps telling people how it should be need to know that your join date is not always you experience and there are many people out here that do NOT post or even read these and have forgot more then most of the blowhards will EVER KNOW . imo

Old 02-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #25
hhmoore
Just as an aside, regarding the multiple comments that Deobra should return the snake - she's had the snake since October...it's a little late to pull the "it doesn't look like a super pastel" card. Yes, the seller gave her a genetics guarantee; which means that if the snake is proven to not be what she said it is, she will do something (no indication of what)...if she can be found, still has snakes, or even cares.
The snake hasn't been bred, so the PROOF is lacking. I'm not suggesting that I think the snake is, in fact, a super...but, if I was the breeder & had labeled it as such, I wouldn't give a refund based on the opinions of uninvolved parties.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
need to know that your join date is not always you experience and there are many people out here that do NOT post or even read these and have forgot more then most of the blowhards will EVER KNOW . imo
Years of experience, credentials, or not, we all are part of this community and are entitled to a civil opinion.

My own feeling is that if you have to even think twice about what you got, label it (and price it) as the lesser one. Whoever gets it may rejoice. However you sell your stuff, people looking back at your sale and getting that rejoicing feeling is good for them, and good for you.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #27
deborahbroadus
That's well and good, Harald, and you make an excellent point.

Therefore, as a point that you brought up... unless Deob is willing to pass that same guarantee to her buyer, she should either swallow the loss or sell it as what it appears to be (she doesn't HAVE to, but it would help her reputation among those that are more experienced in seeing when someone is trying to pull a "fast one" if she sold it as what she thinks it is instead of trying to adopt the first sellers marketing methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Just as an aside, regarding the multiple comments that Deobra should return the snake - she's had the snake since October...it's a little late to pull the "it doesn't look like a super pastel" card. Yes, the seller gave her a genetics guarantee; which means that if the snake is proven to not be what she said it is, she will do something (no indication of what)...if she can be found, still has snakes, or even cares.
The snake hasn't been bred, so the PROOF is lacking. I'm not suggesting that I think the snake is, in fact, a super...but, if I was the breeder & had labeled it as such, I wouldn't give a refund based on the opinions of uninvolved parties.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #28
deobra2869
I really wish some people could understand that in my ad, and I quote (the exact ad)

I bought this guy for $250 about 6 months ago as a ugly super pastel. IMO he is very pretty, but I dont know if he is super or not. The lady I bought him from guaranteed me that he was a super (just an ugly one LOL) but since I do not know for sure I am taking $150 shipped or best offer on this guy. Shipping will be done through SYR now that the site is back up (giving that temperatures are suitable for shipping). I am just i need of some cash so whoever gives me the best offer on this guy gets him.
I do not have an exact weight on this guy my scale is messing up but if I were to guess I would say he is around 200grams give or take (he was a very slow starter but eats great now)

$150 shipped or Best offer

You can email me, or PM me

Let me clearly state for those who apparently do not understand this fully.... He was sold to me as a super but I am not guaranteeing that he is hence the title "Male ugly super pastel? You decide"

Thanks so much
Deobra
deobra.martin@att.net

this comment in my thread clearly states that the animal was bought as a super (just an ugly one) But that I am unsure:

*I bought this guy for $250 about 6 months ago as a ugly super pastel. IMO he is very pretty, but I dont know if he is super or not. The lady I bought him from guaranteed me that he was a super (just an ugly one LOL) but since I do not know for sure I am taking $150 shipped or best offer on this guy.

the only thing that has been changed in the above comment is the price when originally there was no price the ad just said best offer.

And may I ask if I am misinforming people please let me know how???? I know super pastel go for alot more than my asking price, do they not? Normal male pastel can range in prices it just depends on coloration, reputation, and how long a person is willing to wait to make a sale. I have seen male pastels go for $50-$200 just depends on the seller. The reason why the name ugly super is on there is because that is what I bought him as! Since I did not produce him myself the paperwork and every bit of information I have on him would be given to a potential buyer.

This next comment was made to clear up any confusion and to those who apparently think I am trying to scam somebody, and have difficulties reading (considering I did properly inform people that he was bought as a super but that I was unsure yet some people can not comprehend that?)

Let me clearly state for those who apparently do not understand this fully.... He was sold to me as a super but I am not guaranteeing that he is hence the title "Male ugly super pastel? You decide"

I have absolutely no harsh feelings towards willow. She gives constructive criticism that I appreciate. However there are some people who do indeed flat out just have it out for me......LOL. Willow has never called me a liar or tried to make me look bad (without me deserving it) Others just have issues I guess????

But thank you to everybody who does realize that I did properly inform people....... and for those who did not read the ad thoroughly and decided to post the rude comments on this good guy thread of me, all it has done has made you look bad.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #29
deborahbroadus
Deob, you really need to stop playing the "poor me" game. No one is out to get you and certainly no one hates you. Actually, no one really cares about you, this is a FORUM, and public one at that. (I have told you this several times in your Pms to me telling me to stop posting on your threads).

Where is your MENTOR?? Why isn't he/she guiding you??? My mentor would have told me to pass on this sale and would have told me to look at pictures of Supers till I could identify one. Certainly if I tried to do a questionable transaction as depending on a newbies inabilty to tell the difference, so put in my ad "You decide" I would have gotten slapped down.

Some breeders actually do not prey on the naiveness of the newbies and try to pass it off as, "I am letting them decide."

Quote:
Originally Posted by deobra2869 View Post
I really wish some people could understand that in my ad, and I quote (the exact ad)

I bought this guy for $250 about 6 months ago as a ugly super pastel. IMO he is very pretty, but I dont know if he is super or not. The lady I bought him from guaranteed me that he was a super (just an ugly one LOL) but since I do not know for sure I am taking $150 shipped or best offer on this guy. Shipping will be done through SYR now that the site is back up (giving that temperatures are suitable for shipping). I am just i need of some cash so whoever gives me the best offer on this guy gets him.
I do not have an exact weight on this guy my scale is messing up but if I were to guess I would say he is around 200grams give or take (he was a very slow starter but eats great now)

$150 shipped or Best offer

You can email me, or PM me

Thanks so much
Deobra
deobra.martin@att.net

this comment in my thread clearly states that the animal was bought as a super (just an ugly one) But that I am unsure:

*I bought this guy for $250 about 6 months ago as a ugly super pastel. IMO he is very pretty, but I dont know if he is super or not. The lady I bought him from guaranteed me that he was a super (just an ugly one LOL) but since I do not know for sure I am taking $150 shipped or best offer on this guy.

the only thing that has been changed in the above comment is the price when originally there was no price the ad just said best offer.

And may I ask if I am misinforming people please let me know how???? I know super pastel go for alot more than my asking price, do they not? Normal male pastel can range in prices it just depends on coloration, reputation, and how long a person is willing to wait to make a sale. I have seen male pastels go for $50-$200 just depends on the seller. The reason why the name ugly super is on there is because that is what I bought him as! Since I did not produce him myself the paperwork and every bit of information I have on him would be given to a potential buyer.

This next comment was made to clear up any confusion and to those who apparently think I am trying to scam somebody, and have difficulties reading (considering I did properly inform people that he was bought as a super but that I was unsure yet some people can not comprehend that?)

I have absolutely no harsh feelings towards willow. She gives constructive criticism that I appreciate. However there are some people who do indeed flat out just have it out for me......LOL. Willow has never called me a liar or tried to make me look bad (without me deserving it) Others just have issues I guess????

But thank you to everybody who does realize that I did properly inform people....... and for those who did not read the ad thoroughly and decided to post the rude comments on this good guy thread of me, all it has done has made you look bad.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #30
deobra2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Deob, you really need to stop playing the "poor me" game. No one is out to get you and certainly no one hates you. Actually, no one really cares about you, this is a FORUM, and public one at that. (I have told you this several times in your Pms to me telling me to stop posting on your threads).

Where is your MENTOR?? Why isn't he/she guiding you??? My mentor would have told me to pass on this sale and would have told me to look at pictures of Supers till I could identify one. Certainly if I tried to do a questionable transaction as depending on a newbies inabilty to tell the difference, so put in my ad "You decide" I would have gotten slapped down.

Some breeders actually do not prey on the naiveness of the newbies and try to pass it off as, "I am letting them decide."
OK LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!