Need opinion on this light/uvb product? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
imcmantis
Question Need opinion on this light/uvb product?

Hey I need your guy's opinion, have you heard of the Reptisun 10 compact fluorescent light? I hear they are bad and can cause snowblindness. Whats your experience/opinion on them because I have already bought them.

I can try to point the light horizontally or kinda diagonally.

Thanks Guys!

Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
dden
I have not used the compact florescents, but I have been using the Reptisun 10.0 florescent tubes for many years and I believe them to be the best available. I'm pretty sure the compacts are the same technology, just in a different shape, so I don't see why they would have any bad effects on your dragons...
You have to be careful about what you read on this, or any, online forum, as alot of the information out there is just something that someone heard from someone else, etc., often with zero credibility...get other opinions from people who have been breeding dragons for a long time. Many people will claim to be "experts", but we are all still learning...

Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
Ed Clark
I prefer the zoo med 10.0 tubes, have used the reptisun 10.0 in the past with good results. read an article or 2 on compacts that were rather negative about them. I will stick with the old tried and true tubes for now.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
imcmantis
Talking

Thanks guys! I will be trading in my lights and fixtures for store credit. Walmart t8 fixture $9 and reptisun 10.0 tube $50.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
Lucille
Check around on that tube price, that's high.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!