Wrong sex discovered 82 days after purchase... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-06-2002, 12:00 AM   #41
ajc
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bobby Douglass @ Sep. 05 2002,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know, AJC could have just ignored both issues and not given either of his customers any money back like the real "bad guys" do. Instead he came here looking for opinions on how he should handle each situation. Even though he didn't completely agree with everyone's opinions he took them into consideration and took care of both deals as the majority suggested that he do. I've never spoken to him or bought anything from him but I don't think he should be considered someone we shouldn't deal with due to anything on either of his threads here. As far as I know the only one that lost any money in the deals is Anthony.

Bobby Douglass</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Bobby,

Thank you for pointing that out. &nbsp;I never even thought of it, but yes, I am the only one losing any money here. &nbsp;Jeez, now that I realize that, I feel like an idiot for taking all this crap.

I was more concerned with making good on deals, yet not being taken advantage of. &nbsp;

Honestly, I think what pissed everyone off is that I did play devil's advocate (or making excuses/blame shifting as they say) just to make sure that I didn't get taken advantage of.

I'm a nice guy, and an honest person, but I'm not a sucker.

Again, thanks man. &nbsp;Hearing one person's point of view like this, really puts my mind at ease about being slammed on here by all these people just for asking a question.

Old 09-06-2002, 12:02 AM   #42
lyncheyez
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And I have to say that the (unnamed) lyncheyes has a bit of a biased opinion here, and is sticking up for Anthony because he knows him.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

unnamed? What's that for my name appears in the signature line.

To the best of my understanding this board is for people to come and get information on buyers and sellers, right.

So if I’ve purchased snakes from Anthony (who I have –never- met), and it’s gone well, this makes me bias? Subsequently you imply that my “actual” experience with a seller is less reliable than you folks just sounding off to read it later…

That whole line of thinking seems horribly flawed and contrary to what the BOI is for. I’m not Anthony’s friend, I’ve purchased snakes from him; further my advice to him was to “step up and replace them”.

Old 09-06-2002, 12:09 AM   #43
lyncheyez
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">further my advice to him was to “step up and replace them”.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Don't want to confuse anyone; the 2 posts of Anthony's have merged. This would refer to the other...

Old 09-06-2002, 12:22 AM   #44
Lucas Denning
Randy,
Sorry. &nbsp;I glanced back at your post, and flat didn't see your name. &nbsp;I just looked at the bold part and not the blue part. &nbsp;Again, I apolagize. &nbsp;
As far as me thinking your opinion is bias....
That was mostly because of your comments towards Seamus. &nbsp;I think that someone that has never had dealings or has never heard of the person is more likely to have an un-bias opinion in this case. &nbsp;This is a case where he came here asking for opinions from people that had never done business w/him. &nbsp;Now, I don't consider him a bad guy. &nbsp;I don't think he's a theif or anything like that. &nbsp;But, I do agree w/a lot of what Seamus said, and I already said what that was. &nbsp;I wouldn't go as far as Seamus did w/labeling him a bad guy and someone to avoid at all costs. &nbsp;
Lucas

Old 09-06-2002, 12:46 AM   #45
lyncheyez
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a case where he came here asking for opinions from people that had never done business w/him.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Honestly, I didn’t see that qualification in the post…

But I can appreciate the position you take here, &nbsp;but what happens too often is the cynics get hold of a post and beat it into something it’s not; which is the main reason I posted here (after my initial statement).

Again if my 1.1 Tiger Hets (you know the pice of them) were not sexed correctly, I'd be very upset. Yes, I will be sexing them myself,(I would'nt set-up a project with out doing it) but what I paid for was "1.1 Tiger Het for Albino" and all of the statement is what I expect to get. No amount of blame shifting will ever "logically" get me to beilive that I'm somehow at fault if they send me the wrong snakes.

and to address teh other "issue" a foot

Several of the "big" breeders have a "no live guarantee" with overnight shipping (NERD for one), so I think that Anthony's question here was not out of line. The only difference between him and NERD on this issue is that he doesn’t have a “terms” page and didn’t state it to the customer (for those wanting a “live guarantee” airport shipping is the ticket, pun intended). As such he must replace the animals this time, which he will/has done/did.

Thanks all...

Old 09-06-2002, 02:46 AM   #46
sexysnake
Are you still talking Randy? Oh, I thought you knew where the truth was welcome and you went a way. &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;Unfortuatley, you are still posting quite to the dismay to the classifieds! Anyway so only you are aloud to post what you think and to the rest of us who are witch hunters and beaters of the thread can only sit back and watch until the right bad guy thread?
&nbsp; &nbsp; It goes both ways Anthony was wrong in BOTH threads and we are allowed to come here and post about it.

Old 09-06-2002, 09:20 AM   #47
Dianne Johnson
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Business practices? &nbsp;They are snakes. &nbsp;I'm not in the snake business. </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

I have an issue with this statement. &nbsp;Yes, they are snakes - living creatures that you have a responsibility to and for. &nbsp;You make light of them in this sentence as if they are of no real importance. &nbsp;The moment you sold them, that became a business practice - you are accepting money for goods (animals) or services. &nbsp;It is irrelevant whether this is your main income or a hobby. &nbsp;You still have standards of acceptable behavior that are followed. &nbsp;

While I do not condone all the name calling from ANYONE - including you Anthony, it is easily enough seen that you are trying to shift the blame to anyone but yourself and hide behind the excuse that this isn't a full-time business but 'just a hobby'. &nbsp;I have also infrequently sold offspring I produced or animals I have had. &nbsp;I am only a hobbiest because this is by no means my source of income or even a semi-regular practice. &nbsp;However, I take the responsibility for the animals I sell and their welfare very seriously, as should anyone keeping and/or selling live animals. &nbsp;I personally do not ship animals and only sell locally in the best interest of the animals. &nbsp;This includes delivering the animals in person if necessary, because I am not set up with the airlines to ship and would hardly take the shortcut of shipping through a carrier that does not under any circumstances accept live cargo much less guarantee it.

I commend you for taking care of your customers, if in fact you have. &nbsp;However, your attitude that you are exempt from appropriate behavior or business ethics because this is not your main source of income is appalling. &nbsp;You are right, our opinions mean little to you. &nbsp;Yet another earmark of someone showing less than appropriate concern for living creatures in their care. &nbsp;It is ALWAYS the seller's concern whether the temperatures are appropriate for shipping. &nbsp;Live arrival is implied unless otherwise stated - no one would purchase an animal if they were not sure of receiving it ALIVE. That is simple common sense, as is checking the gender and overall health of an animal in your care if you have plans of reselling it. &nbsp;While I would not label you a 'bad guy' per se, I also would not recommend anyone doing 'business' with you because of your attitude that you are exempt from the accepted parameters of live animal sales.

Dianne Johnson

Old 09-06-2002, 01:08 PM   #48
ajc
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dianne Johnson @ Sep. 06 2002,08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Business practices? spam_They are snakes. spam_I'm not in the snake business. </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

I have an issue with this statement. spam_Yes, they are snakes - living creatures that you have a responsibility to and for. spam_You make light of them in this sentence as if they are of no real importance. spam_The moment you sold them, that became a business practice - you are accepting money for goods (animals) or services. spam_It is irrelevant whether this is your main income or a hobby. spam_You still have standards of acceptable behavior that are followed. spam_

While I do not condone all the name calling from ANYONE - including you Anthony, it is easily enough seen that you are trying to shift the blame to anyone but yourself and hide behind the excuse that this isn't a full-time business but 'just a hobby'. spam_I have also infrequently sold offspring I produced or animals I have had. spam_I am only a hobbiest because this is by no means my source of income or even a semi-regular practice. spam_However, I take the responsibility for the animals I sell and their welfare very seriously, as should anyone keeping and/or selling live animals. spam_I personally do not ship animals and only sell locally in the best interest of the animals. spam_This includes delivering the animals in person if necessary, because I am not set up with the airlines to ship and would hardly take the shortcut of shipping through a carrier that does not under any circumstances accept live cargo much less guarantee it.

I commend you for taking care of your customers, if in fact you have. spam_However, your attitude that you are exempt from appropriate behavior or business ethics because this is not your main source of income is appalling. spam_You are right, our opinions mean little to you. spam_Yet another earmark of someone showing less than appropriate concern for living creatures in their care. spam_It is ALWAYS the seller's concern whether the temperatures are appropriate for shipping. spam_Live arrival is implied unless otherwise stated - no one would purchase an animal if they were not sure of receiving it ALIVE. That is simple common sense, as is checking the gender and overall health of an animal in your care if you have plans of reselling it. spam_While I would not label you a 'bad guy' per se, I also would not recommend anyone doing 'business' with you because of your attitude that you are exempt from the accepted parameters of live animal sales.

Dianne Johnson</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Dianne,

I was going to be done with this, but your post brings up another valuable point.

I realize that sankes are living creatures, and as such, they are important. &nbsp;That brings up the very real fact that I do this because I love snakes, not for money or to make a living. &nbsp;In fact, when I got word that the snake died in transit, the first thing I said was "Damnit...that was a sweet looking Ball Python...there was so much potential with her." &nbsp; I truly was more bummed out that nobody would have the opportunity to prove her appearance genetic, than I was about a measley few hundred bucks.

Again, the reason I refunded my customer's money immediately, is because I wanted to be fair, not because I would be afraid that the reputation of my "business" would be hurt. &nbsp;

As a matter of fact, I lost more money that one day, than I've ever made in the reptile "business."

The whole point of saying that I'm not in the snake business was to convey the fact that this is not a business to me and that money is not a motivating factor. &nbsp;It's simply a hobby that I love. &nbsp;When something went horribly wrong, I fixed it because I wanted to be fair, not because my living depends on it.

I never once tried to exempt myself from any responsibility. &nbsp;I only played "devil's advocate" in order to protect myself from being taken advantage of, or treated unfairly. &nbsp;I just wanted to learn "the rules," so to speak.

I hope you can understand that and realize that I am someone that you really can feel comfortable doing "business" with, even though my livelihood would never be affected either way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!