? on Beardie health - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-03-2005, 07:31 AM   #11
Ocean
I am no expert, but I am a nurse, and am a bit concerned over D3 toxicity. I actually prefer the products without the D3 for daily dusting. I use the multivitamin products which contain D3 about once a week on adults. In my experiences, and my friends experiences, we find every single Beardy to be quite different in personality and also very different in their preferences. I would suggest you ask the person who had the Beardy about what this Beardy preferred, if at all possible.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:49 AM   #12
SableLynx
Thanks Louise, That is exactly what I stated I would do was drop the vit dust to one time a week as the supplement I use contains D3. I have a liquid calcium spray from Jurassic that I hit his salad with every day. It has no phosphorus or D3. I appreciate your help, Thanks again

Old 06-03-2005, 08:51 AM   #13
starwarsdad
Just a little more food for thought. I have 2 adult males (non-breeders) that are offered superworms once or twice a month. They are nearly 3 and have been on this schedule for over a year with no adverse affects.

They would eat 25 supers everyday if I offered them though. I have always been amazed at the numbers of insects I see people offering to their beardies. People talk about 5-10 crickets per day (with young ones). These guys were eating 50 a day from the time they were 6 weeks old (when I got them) until I switched them to mostly veggies after they reached 18 months.

I feed what I would call a maintenance diet of salads every other day. I dust with Repcal with D3 2 consecutive feedings. On the 3rd, I add Herptivite multivitamin. On the 4th, I do not offer any supplementation. Wash, rinse, repeat....

I would not recommend this diet for breeders or females though!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!