Leslie Steinmetz - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-10-2002, 03:18 PM   #1
Anubis
Just thought I'd share my experience with this person.

I saw Leslie's ad on Kingsnake for a few monitors that he/she was getting rid of. I noticed he had a baby argus monitor going for $200 shipped. Having only a small budget to buy new animals, I jumped on it.  Leslie informed me that the animal was Regal Reptiles stock, and that he'd picked it up at the White Plains show in NY, then gave me a description of the animal.  I want to add that Leslie was patient with me through the entire process. I was really edgy about shipping FedEx, as they're pretty harsh about animals around here, but Leslie assured me that it would be okay, and said he'd accept responsibility if anything went wrong in shipping.
 Now, by nature I'm very reluctant to trust anyone. And the caveat of this deal was the fact that he didn't have any pictures of the animal. I was willing to take the gamble this time. And it paid off.
 At 10:45am, the fedex man arrived at my door. I signed for it, and pulled the tape off for the moment of truth. As I opened the lids on the box, all my fears were alleviated as I heard a rueful hiss. Inside was a perfect, as described, baby argus. And boy was he pissed!
 I reached into the bag (fully expecting the introductory bite) and pulled him out. After a good once over, he went into his new home. After about an hour of warming up, he was every inch an argus monitor. Digging, exploring, eating. He shows almost no fear of people, and his inquisitiveness overpowers his caution already!
 I'm not new to monitors, but this is my first Argus, and my first transaction outside of a breeder/importer, and the little demon acts exactly as it should've, fresh from shipping!
  I will not hesitate to do business with this person in the future.

Thank you for your honesty and patience, Leslie.

-Joshua Gates

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!